Ari advises clients on various capital markets matters, including transactions and regulatory matters. He has experience in a broad range of issues regarding capital markets and banking issues, especially in equity capital markets transactions, such as IPOs, rights offerings and tender offers. In addition, Ari has experience in derivatives agreements, bond issuances and various regulatory matters related to banking, securities markets and publicly listed companies.
Ari joined Borenius in early 2017, and before that he worked for several years at one of the leading Finnish financial institutions. He handled clients’ ECM transactions, the bank’s own transactions and agreements, as well as general corporate legal issues. Ari has also several years of experience from the Helsinki Stock Exchange, where he advised issuers on listings and regulatory matters and also worked as the secretary of the listing committee. In addition, he has worked on many securities markets initiatives and development projects including corporate governance and insider regulation working groups for an association promoting listed companies’ self-regulation.
- Capital markets
IFLR1000 | 2018
“For capital markets, Ari Syrjäläinen, a recent addition to the team, is a stand out practitioner.”
- Counsel, Borenius, 2017–
- Director, Legal, OP Corporate Bank – Capital Markets Financing, 2014–2017
- SVP, Head of Legal Services, OP Corporate Bank, 2011–2014
- Senior Legal Counsel and VP, OP Corporate Bank, 2008–2011
- Legal Counsel, Nasdaq Helsinki, 2005–2008
- Clerk, District Court of Pori, 2004–2005
- Specialist, Nasdaq Helsinki, 2000–2004
- eMBA, 2012, Aalto University Executive Education, Helsinki, Finland
- Court training, 2005, District Court of Pori, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2000, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish