Hanna advises clients on a wide range of issues related to compliance, ethics, sustainability, and corporate responsibility (CSR). She regularly designs global compliance and ethics programmes and advises on their implementation and auditing. She has experience in training employees and third parties globally. She also designs audits and advises on sustainability programmes.
Hanna has extensive experience in implementing corporate investigation programmes globally and handling demanding authority proceedings. One of Hanna’s focus areas is strategic advice to clients in particular on implementing compliance, ethics and sustainability as part of their corporate strategy and risk management. In addition to compliance, Hanna advises on environmental law related issues.
Hanna joined Borenius in 2016, and before that she worked at one of the leading forestry corporations for over ten years. She has vast experience in advising global companies on environmental and real estate law as well as general corporate legal issues. She advised on environmental law and financing related issues in major forestry projects in Finland and South America. Hanna has also previous experience in legislative work in the field of environmental law. In addition, she has worked at other Helsinki and New York based law firms.
Hanna lectures regularly on issues related to compliance, ethics, sustainability, and corporate responsibility (CSR) as well as environmental law.
- Counsel, Borenius. 2016–
- Legal and Compliance Officer, Metsä Group, 2013–2016
- Foreign Visitor, Debevoise & Plimpton, New York, 2007
- Legal Counsel, Metsä Group, 2006–2013
- Associate, Hammarström Puhakka Partners, 2005-2006
- Real Estate Secretary, Metsämannut Oy, 2004-2005
- Bar Admission, 2017, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2004, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish, German