Heikki advises on domestic and international tax matters in corporate and personal income taxation.
Heikki has extensive experience in M&A tax and structuring, as well as in taxation in the private equity and venture capital sector. He also advises clients regularly in tax disputes ranging from domestic tax audits to international transfer pricing litigations.
In addition to transactions and tax controversy work, Heikki has wide experience in taxation of management incentive structures, cross-border taxation of executives and personal income taxation in general.
Chambers Europe | 2017
“Proactive, flexible and easy to work with”
Legal 500 | 2016
“In-depth knowledge of taxation”
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Tax
- Advised Vitruvian Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in Accountor Holding Oy, the leading provider of financial, accounting and HR solutions in Northern Europe.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan in their acquisition of a majority holding in the Finnish Harvia Oy, one of the world’s leading companies in the sauna industry.
- Advised Svenska Handelsbanken AB Finnish Branch, regarding an equity based employee incentive scheme and advance ruling procedure.
- Advised the world’s largest publicly traded copper company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. in the acquisition of OMG Kokkola Chemicals Oy and its cobalt refinery assets from OM Group, Inc.
- Partner, Borenius, 2018–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2017
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2012–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2009–2011
- Tax Advisor, Fidal Société d’Avocats, Paris, France 2008–2009
- Tax Advisor, Deloitte & Touche, 2006–2008
- Assistant tax officer, Finnish tax administration, 2006
- Bar Admission, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of laws, 2006, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, French, Swedish