Johannes is a transactional lawyer focusing on M&A and private equity transactions and has been involved in numerous domestic and cross-border transactions acting for both private equity sponsors and industrial clients. In addition, he has advised clients, for example, in ownership and equity structuring related to various infrastructure projects. Clients appreciate his ability to seek hands-on solutions to complicated problems. “He understands the deal-making dynamics and has the ability to find solutions instead of problems”, as was quoted by one of our clients.
He regularly lectures on topics relating to mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Prior to joining Borenius, Johannes was a Partner with another major Finnish law firm
Johannes heads the firm’s M&A & Private Equity team.
CHAMBERS EUROPE & GLOBAL
Chambers Global | 2017
“Very easy to work with and responsive.”
“Looks for pragmatic solutions and doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel.”
- Commercial, Corporate & M&A
IFLR1000 | 2018
“Very good overall.”
- Advised private equity sponsor CapMan in the acquisition of Harvia Oy, one of the world’s leading companies in the sauna industry.
- Advised a Finnish listed company on the sale of its vendor note receivable for a cash consideration of over EUR 100 million to a private equity fund.
- Advised private equity sponsor Intera in the acquisition of Silmäasema, Finland’s leading provider of eye care services and second largest optician chain.
- Advised Russia Invest (as well as Sponda Plc, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company, Etera Mutual Pension Insurance Company and Onvest Oy) in acquiring approximately 55 % ownership in the EUR 250 million shopping centre project Okhta Mall in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Partner, Borenius, 2013–
- Partner, Castrén & Snellman, 2011–2012
- Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2006–2011
- Associate, Borenius, 2003–2006
- Bar Admission, 2006
- Master of Laws, University of Turku 2001
- Finnish, English, Swedish