Lasse specialises in both contentious and non-contentious intellectual property and technology law. He has wide-ranging experience in strategic contractual issues, litigation and transaction arrangements, such as outsourcing, procurement and licensing. He also advises on issues related to the law of associations.
In 2004 Lasse worked as a visiting attorney in London for a major international law firm and has also complemented his graduate studies in the UK.
Lasse has contributed to many major publications, particularly in the field of intellectual property and acts as a country correspondent for both the European Intellectual Property Review and Entertainment Law Review. He has also contributed to books on litigation and the law of associations.
Lasse heads the firm’s IP & Commercial team and Associations & Foundations practice.
Chambers Europe & Global
Chambers Europe | 2015
“Working with him has been very successful indeed.”
Who’s Who Legal
- Sports & Entertainment
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Litigation
IAM Patent 1000 | 2016
“He is dogged and extremely thorough; his knowledge of the law is fantastic and he is someone that you can trust.”
- Trademarks: Enforcement and litigation
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- IP Star
- Patents, Trademarks
- Advises clients in complex contractual arrangements relating to global licensing, distribution and other commercial operations.
- Advises a number of clients on a continuous basis on IP and commercial matters, including assistance in strategic IP management.
- Advised several globally operating pharma companies in landmark litigation engagements in all dispute resolution venues, including the Supreme Court.
- Advised in trade mark litigation, including a widely cited case relating to parallel importation at the Supreme Court.
- Partner, Borenius, 2012–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2010–2012
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Visiting lawyer, Hammonds, Commercial & Intellectual Property Department, London, 2004
- Associate, Borenius, 2002–2006
- Bar Admission, 2006, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2002, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English