Lavinia advises our clients primarily on corporate and commercial matters as well as bankruptcy estates and restructuring proceedings. Lavinia is also specialised in EU law and Competition law.
Prior to joining Borenius in 2015, Lavinia worked as a Legal Services Officer at the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment and before that as a visiting lawyer at another Finnish law firm. Furthermore Lavinia worked as an advisor on EU legal and institutional matters at the Office of the Prime Minister of another EU Member State. Prior to her graduation in 2008, Lavinia worked as a Vice President of a large European-wide NGO in Brussels.
- Associate, Borenius, 2015–
- Officer, Legal Services Unit, Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, 2014
- Visiting lawyer, Merilampi Attorneys, 2012–2013
- Research Analyst (Law and Institutions) EU-Sec, Office of the Prime Minister, Malta, 2009–2011
- Bar Admission, 2015, Helsinki
- Bar Admission, 2010, Malta
- Master of Laws LL.M., 2009, College of Europe, Belgium
- Doctor of Laws LL.D., 2008, University of Malta, Malta
- Bachelor of Arts B.A., 2005, Legal and European Studies, University of Malta, Malta
- Finnish, English, Italian, French
- Finnish association for European law
- The ELSA Lawyers Society