Maija advises on maritime law, employment law (especially maritime employment law) and dispute resolution related questions. She has also several years of experience in litigation regarding employment issues, both in Labour Court and in general courts, fairway dues and diverse criminal proceedings.
Prior to joining Borenius, Maija worked at Neptun Juridica for nine years, of which four years as Partner. She has worked with legal matters related to shipping since 2007. Maija is a member of the board of directors at Arctia Management Services, a state-owned company.
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2016–
- Legal Advisor for the Commander of the EU Naval Force Operation Sophia, August 2016 – February 2017
- Partner, Neptun Juridica, 2011–2015
- Associate, Neptun Juridica, 2007–2011
- Master of Laws, 2010, University of Turku, Finland
- Bachelor of Laws, 2008, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
- Finnish Maritime Law Association (CMI)
- Wista Finland (Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association)