Niina advises on banking and finance, debt capital markets and debt restructuring. Niina has extensive experience in both domestic and cross border leveraged buyout deals, corporate lending, real estate finance and debt issuance. She also advises clients on trade finance and derivatives. Prior to joining Borenius, Niina has worked as legal counsel at Nordea Bank.
Niina heads the firm’s Banking & Finance team.
Legal 500 | 2017
“Extremely motivated and sharp.”
- Financial restructuring, Capital markets: Debt
IFLR1000 | 2018
“Excellent work in all cases, very deep industry knowledge as well as detail in legal aspects.”
IFLR1000 | 2016
“Recent hires Juha Koponen and Niina Nuottimaki have been spot on and am looking forward to working with them again. Niina’s work has been impeccable. She is very focused and detail oriented. She gets the work done on time and the quality is top notch. Her substance is also at a very high levels and she is also a very pleasant person to work with.”
- Advised Nordea and SEB, as mandated lead arrangers, with the debt financing of the acquisition of Evac Oy by IK VII Fund, advised by IK Investment Partners.
- Advised Nordea as the sole coordinating bookrunner and Danske, Handelsbanken, Pohjola, SEB and Swedbank as mandated lead arrangers, with the financing of a new property investment company Certeum Ltd.
- Advised Nordea Markets and Pohjola Markets as coordinators and lead managers, and Danske Bank, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken and Swedbank as the other lead managers on the EUR 250 million senior secured notes issue by Outokumpu Plc.
- Partner, Borenius, 2016–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2016
- Legal Counsel, Nordea Bank Finland, 2010–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Bar Admissions, 2015, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics, 2008, University of Tampere, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2005, University of Lapland, Finland
- Finnish, English