Niko works as Development Director. He leads the firm’s business development projects and is responsible for KM, Risk Management, ICT, and Translation functions. He has broad experience in the field of legal information and technology. His areas of specialisation cover the acquisition, monitoring, management and distribution of legal information and the use of legal technology.
Niko advises clients especially on consumer law and consumer finance related questions but also on questions related to regulation of M&A projects and general corporate law. He has also been involved in several matters related to housing companies, real estate and construction.
Niko joined Borenius in 2012, and before that he gained experience with other major law firms, especially working in knowledge management teams and internal projects in various roles. He has also been in real estate and construction business, and worked as editorial staff of Edilex, Finlex’s legal information services and HILMA public procurement service. Niko has broad experience in the field of information technology and he has been writing IT-related articles for 15 years.
Niko is a member of the ICT Advisory Board and the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) Expert Group of the Finnish Bar Association. He also serves as a deputy member of the Bar Association’s Delegation, which is the Bar Association’s highest decision-making body.
In addition to his legal studies in the University of Helsinki, Niko has also studied computer science and communication.
- Development Director, Borenius, 2016–
- Knowledge Management Specialist / Development Specialist, Borenius 2012–2015
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Helsinki, 2014–2015
- Bar Admission, 2016, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2015, District Court of Helsinki
- Master of Laws 2012, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English
- The International Bar Association (IBA)
- The Finnish Bar Association, Member of the ICT Advisory Board and the TMT Expert Group
- The Association of Finnish Lawyers
- The Finnish IT Law Association