Paulus advises on all aspects of private equity with particular emphasis on questions related to fund formation. He also specialises in securities law and capital markets issues.
Paulus is the author of a book on prospectus liability published in 2002. In 2005 he published another book on private equity funds that was co-written with Senior Partner Jyrki Tähtinen.
Paulus is among the few Finnish investment fund lawyers listed by Who’s Who Legal.
Paulus heads firm’s Fund Formation & Investment Management team.
Who’s Who Legal
- Private Funds
- Investment Funds
- Private Equity
- Advised Sponsor Capital in forming Sponsor Fund IV, a 200 MEUR buyout fund.
- Advised Taaleritehtaan Pääomarahastot Oy in setting up a new fund structure investing in windpower projects, including a feeder fund structure enabling investment by retail investors through a subscription of profit-participating loans.
- Advised eQ Private Equity in the formation of eQ PE VI North, a fund of funds, and a related investment program.
- Advised Intera, in connection with the formation of Intera Fund II.
- Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Attorney, Borenius, 2005–2008
- Lawyer, Borenius, 2000–2005
- Bar Admission, 2005, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2000, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish