Samuli advises companies in different fields of media and technology, including a variety of technology and media related transactions. He has wide experience on intellectual property rights and technology law. Samuli also handles a variety of assignments related to privacy and telecoms, as well as ICT outsourcing transactions.
Samuli heads the firm’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications team.
Who’s Who Legal
- Telecommunications Media & Technology
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Transactions
- Telecommunications (Lawyer of the Year 2015)
- Advised AinaCom Oy, regarding the sale of its consumer operations and fixed networks to TeliaSonera Finland Oyj for EUR 47 million.
- Advised the owners (including Funds managed by CapMan) of Nice Entertainment Group (“Nice”), a pan-Nordic TV content production group, in selling 84,6% of Nice to Modern Times Group MTG (publ) for EUR 84,4 million.
- Served as a secretary of the Board of Nice Entertainment Group, a pan-Nordic TV content production group from 2008 – 2013.
- Advised Warner Music Finland Oy in the acquisition of the business operations of AXR Music Oy, a Finnish record label.
- Advised Wikimedia Foundation in investigations regarding the Finnish Money Collection Act. The National Police Board investigated whether Wikimedia Foundation had violated the Act.
- Partner, Borenius, 2010–
- Associate, Borenius, 1998–2010
- Project Manager, Institute for Information Technology HIIT, 2000–2003
- Project Manager, FITS-programme, Ministry of Transport & Communications, 2002
- Research Coordinator, Institute for Information Technology HIIT, 2001–2002
- Bar admission, 2004, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2000, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Bachelor of Science, 1998, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
- International Bar Association IBA (Media Law Committee Officer)
- The Association of Finnish Lawyers
- The Finnish Bar Association
- IT-oikeuden Yhdistys r.y.
- LES Scandinavia