#1 Firm in 2015 Finnish IPOs with a 50% Market Share
We have a record-breaking 50% market share of the Finnish IPOs completed in 2015 having acted as the issuer’s counsel in 6 out of the 12 IPOs completed in 2015 (YTD). Our 50% market share of the IPO volume also corresponds to a similar market share in IPO value when calculated using the aggregate market capitalization of the 12 companies listed in Finland in 2015 (value at listing). Our 2015 IPOs include the following Nasdaq Helsinki listings:
- Nasdaq Helsinki main list IPO of Consti Group Plc, a Finnish renovation contracting and technical services company. December 2015.
- Nasdaq Helsinki main list IPO of Evli Bank Plc, a Finnish private bank offering wealth management, capital markets and corporate finance services with operations in Finland, Sweden and Russia. December 2015.
- Nasdaq Helsinki First North IPO of Elite Asset Management Plc, a Finnish investment services company offering specialized asset management and fund investment services. November 2015.
- Nasdaq Helsinki First North IPO of Talenom Plc, a Finnish accounting and financial support services company. June 2015.
- Nasdaq Helsinki First North IPO of Robit Plc, a Finnish drilling consumables manufacturer with global operations and own plants in Finland and South Korea. May 2015.
- Nasdaq Helsinki First North IPO of Detection Technology Plc, a Finnish X-ray component manufacturer with global operations and an own plant in China and an R&D center in Finland. March 2015.
Debt Capital Markets
In addition to IPOs, we have special expertise in high-yield bonds.
- In 2014, when the high-yield bond market was active, we were very busy on many landmark transactions, such as advising Paroc Group on its EUR 430 million high-yield bond and the lead managers on Outokumpu’s EUR 250 million high-yield bond. This year, we have acted, inter alia, on 4Finance’s SEK 225 million high-yield bond and on Func Food Group’s EUR 38 million high-yield bond. In 2015 we have also carried out liability management transactions, including bond tender offers.
- We hosted London-based AFME’s seminar on European High Yield in September 2015 at our offices. The panelists included representatives from such banks as Goldman Sachs, Nordea, SEB, Danske and Pohjola, Evli and Handelsbanken. In addition, Moody’s, PwC, Latham & Watkins, Skadden Arps, Clifford Chance, Borenius, AFME, Triton and Paroc were also represented on the panels. The seminar brought together a large audience active in the European high yield and Nordic bond markets. The seminar was the first-ever Nordic event for AFME.
Strength of our Team
Our Capital Markets practice is highly rated by all of the leading directories, such as IFLR1000, Legal500 as well as Chambers and Partners.
- IFLR1000 is the first directory to publish its 2016 rankings for Finland and it placed our Capital Markets practice in the First Tier. The market commentators were enthused: “I have worked with the capital markets group at Borenius, says one international partner. They are great; very responsive, helpful, proactive and user friendly. They are certainly the go to practice.”
- As of February 1, 2016 banking & finance and debt capital markets specialists Niina Nuottimäki and Johannes Ahti will be appointed new partners of the firm. Niina has past experience from Nordea Bank while Johannes recently concluded a secondment at Pohjola Bank. With these new appointments, we will have a total of four dedicated debt capital markets partners, which makes our service offering even more compelling.
- In August 2015 regulatory capital markets expert Janni Hiltunen joined our team. Janni has a wealth of regulatory experience from the Finnish Ministry of Finance as well as from Pohjola Bank.
- During 2015, our capital markets associates Annemari Rosi and Sampo Kättö were seconded to Pohjola Bank’s Capital Markets Financing team and Sampo additionally to Shearman & Sterling’s capital markets team in London.
If you have any questions about our Capital Markets practice, please contact the undersigned or your regular Borenius contact. Borenius Capital Markets team would like to wish you a happy holiday season and a very successful 2016!