Aksu advises our clients on capital markets transactions, such as initial public offerings, rights offerings and debt offerings. Aksu has ten years of experience in advising issuers, underwriters, shareholders and other key stakeholders on issues related to securities law in the context of international and domestic capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on disclosure regulation. In addition to capital markets work, Aksu is familiar with new regulation related to sustainability and sustainable investing.
Aksu also has vast experience of issues related to the management of law firms and the marketing of legal services. In addition to his legal degree, Aksu holds an MBA and a Master of Arts degree. Before being admitted to the bar, Aksu had a long career as a legal translator, who specialised in securities texts and EU legislation.
Aksu plays an active role in promoting our international offices both in London and New York, especially from the capital markets perspective.
The Legal 500
- Capital Markets – Key Lawyer
- Counsel, Borenius, 2022–
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2021–2022
- Senior Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2018–2021
- Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2012–2018
- Legal Translator, Castrén & Snellman, 2005–2012
- EU Translator, Done Information Ltd 1998–2005
- Strategic Sustainability for Business Program, Aalto Executive Education and UC Berkeley Executive Education, 2021
- Bar Admission, Helsinki, Finland, 2017
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Henley Business School, 2016
- Master of Laws (Securities Law), University of Helsinki, Finland, 2012
- Master of Arts (Finnish, French and Portuguese Language), University of Helsinki, Finland, 1995
- Finnish, English, Swedish, French, Portuguese
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Oma Savings Bank Plc on the issue of an unsecured senior-term bond of EUR 150 million
- Finland’s purchase of F-35 fighters signals closer military and civilian cooperation with the US
- Borenius advised Keliber on its financing arrangement for the Keliber lithium project
- Borenius advised Aspo Plc on its EUR 30 million hybrid bond issue
- All Eyes on the United States