Tel. +358 20 713 3504
Mob. +358 40 704 0499
Ari advises our clients on M&A and financing transactions with a particular emphasis on real estate, energy and infrastructure transactions.
Prior to joining Borenius, Ari worked as a Legal Adviser at the Helsinki Chamber of Commerce and in various corporate finance positions at Danske Bank (formerly Sampo Bank), including as a Lawyer and Credit Analyst. He has also worked as a Legal Counsel at the New York branch of the bank.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Helsinki, Ari holds an MBA from Columbia University in New York.
- Real Estate
The Legal 500
- Real Estate and Construction
- Banking & Finance – Key Lawyer
- M&A, Real estate finance
- Banking & Finance
- Advised Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE:FCX) on the sale of its cobalt refinery in Kokkola, Finland, and the related cobalt cathode precursor business to Umicore (EBR:UMI) for a total consideration of approximately USD 150 million plus working capital at the time of closing.
- Advised a fund managed by Standard Life Aberdeen plc on the acquisition of the minority (49%) of the outstanding shares in Riihimäen Kaukolämpö Oy, a supplier of district heating and natural gas solutions.
- Advised Australian pension funds managed by Whitehelm Capital on the acquisition of a portfolio consisting of over 40 nursing homes and daycare centres in Finland from Norwegian Pioneer Property Group ASA.
- Advised Bayerische Versorgungskammer (BVK), Germany’s largest pension scheme group managed by Universal Investment, when BVK acquired ICECAPITAL Housing Fund III Ky from ICECAPITAL and Housing Fund III Ky’s investors. The assets of the fund consist of 37 housing companies with 1,740 apartments located in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area and other urban growth areas.
- Partner, Borenius, 2006–
- Associate, Borenius, 2001–2005
- Lawyer, Kaarakainen Attorneys, 1999–2000
- Vice President, Legal Counsel and Account Officer, member of the credit committee, Sampo Bank (Leonia Bank), New York, 1997–1999
- Credit Analyst, Postipankki, Credit Analysis Unit, 1996–1997
- Legal Advisor, Postipankki, Trade Finance Unit, 1994– 1996
- Legal Advisor, Chamber of Commerce, 1991–1992
- Circuit Court Clerk, Lower Court of Pietarsaari, 1991–1991
- Bar Admission, 2002, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Business Administration, 1994, Columbia University, New York City, USA
- Court training, 1992, District courts of Pietarsaari and Seinäjoki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1990, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Väre on the purchase of retail electricity sales business from Ilmatar Energy
- Borenius advised NREP on the acquisition of Retail Centre Grani
- Borenius advised the Partners Group on the acquisition of a logistics portfolio
- Borenius advises abrdn on the EUR 75 million acquisition of Fredriksberg D office project
- Tier 1 Spots in All Categories Awarded to Borenius in the 31st Edition of the IFLR1000