Ari advises on real estate, M&A and financing transactions with particular emphasis on real estate and energy and infrastructure transactions.
Prior to joining Borenius, Ari worked as a Legal Adviser at the Helsinki Chamber of Commerce and in various corporate finance functions at Sampo Bank, including the functions of a Lawyer and a Credit Analyst. He has also worked as a Legal Counsel at the New York branch of the bank.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Helsinki, Ari holds an MBA from Columbia University in New York.
Chambers Europe & Global
Chambers Europe | 2018
“He is very good at finding solid solutions.”
Chambers Europe | 2015
“Experienced, open and straightforward to deal with.”
- M&A, Real estate finance
- Banking & Finance
- Advised CapMan Real Estate Oy and Bayerische Versorgungskammer in the acquisition of an EUR 80 million prime residential portfolio in Finland.
- Advised Aberdeen Balanced Lux 1 S.à.r.l. in its acquisition of a real estate company owning and developing a prime shopping centre in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland.
- Advised the world’s largest publicly traded copper company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. in its EUR 320 million acquisition of OMG Kokkola Chemicals Oy and its cobalt refinery assets from OM Group, Inc.
- Advised Tavistock Europe, the asset manager of MK European Capital Partners S.á.r.l., in the sale of a property portfolio of 41 properties to Trevian Retail II LP and in the related restructuring of financing.
- Partner, Borenius, 2006–
- Associate, Borenius, 2001–2005
- Lawyer, Kaarakainen Attorneys, 1999–2000
- Vice President, Legal Counsel and Account Officer, member of the credit committee, Sampo Bank (Leonia Bank), New York, 1997–1999
- Credit Analyst, Postipankki, Credit Analysis Unit, 1996–1997
- Legal Advisor, Postipankki, Trade Finance Unit, 1994– 1996
- Legal Advisor, Chamber of Commerce, 1991–1992
- Circuit Court Clerk, Lower Court of Pietarsaari, 1991–1991
- Bar Admission, 2002, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Business Administration, 1994, Columbia University, New York City, USA
- Trained on the bench, 1992, District courts of Pietarsaari and Seinäjoki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1990, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish