Ari advises clients on various capital markets transactions and financial regulatory matters. He has experience in a broad range of issues regarding capital markets and banking issues, especially regarding equity capital markets transactions, such as IPOs, rights offerings and tender offers as well as debt capital markets transactions. In addition, Ari has experience in derivatives agreements and various regulatory matters related to banking, securities markets and publicly listed companies.
Ari joined Borenius in early 2017, and before that he worked for several years at one of the leading Finnish financial institutions. He handled clients’ ECM transactions, the bank’s own transactions and agreements, as well as general corporate legal issues. Ari has also several years of experience from the Helsinki Stock Exchange, where he advised issuers on listings and regulatory matters and also worked as the secretary of the listing committee. In addition, he has worked on many securities markets initiatives and development projects including corporate governance and insider regulation working groups for listed companies’ self-regulatory association.
Ari acts as the co-head of our Financial Institutions & Regulation team.
- Capital markets
IFLR1000 | 2018
“For capital markets, Ari Syrjäläinen, a recent addition to the team, is a stand out practitioner.”
- Counsel, Borenius, 2017–
- Director, Legal, OP Corporate Bank – Capital Markets Financing, 2014–2017
- SVP, Head of Legal Services, OP Corporate Bank, 2011–2014
- Senior Legal Counsel and VP, OP Corporate Bank, 2008–2011
- Legal Counsel, Nasdaq Helsinki, 2005–2008
- Clerk, District Court of Pori, 2004–2005
- Specialist, Nasdaq Helsinki, 2000–2004
- eMBA, 2012, Aalto University Executive Education, Helsinki, Finland
- Court training, 2005, District Court of Pori, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2000, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish