Janne advises our clients on both domestic and international tax matters in corporate and personal income taxation. He specialises in tax matters related to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, international tax law, and tax litigation.
Janne joined Borenius in 2005, and before that he worked as a Tax Manager at the auditing company KPMG. He has also worked for the Finnish Ministry of Finance where he prepared both domestic tax laws and EU tax directives.
Janne holds a Doctor of Laws degree, having written his doctoral thesis on international tax law in 1998. He is an adjunct professor of tax law at the University of Helsinki.
Janne has authored books on tax law and published several articles in both Finnish and international publications. Janne is one of the co-authors of renowned corporate tax guide “Yritysverotus I–II (Corporate Taxation I–II)” (Talentum). He also lectures regularly on tax-related matters.
Janne heads the firm’s Tax team.
Chambers Europe | 2020
“He’s one of the best tax lawyers in Finland.”
Chambers Europe | 2019
“He is down-to-earth.”
“Talk about tax in a general way that you could rely on.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“One of the best.”
“Very good in tax litigation and gives concrete advice.”
The Legal 500
Legal 500 | 2017
“One of leading experts in the field.”
International Tax Review
- Tax Controversy Leader
Who’s Who Legal
- Thought Leaders – Corporate Tax
- Advised Fortum Oyj in a tax controversy.
- Advised Nokian Renkaat Oyj in a tax controversy.
- Advised Paroc Group Oyj and its owners in tax issues related to the sale of shares to CVC.
- Advised Nasdaq Inc. in tax issues.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners in tax issues related to the acquisition of Accountor Holding Oy.
- Advised CapMan and Langholm in tax issues related to the sale of Lumene Oy.
- Advised British Petroleum (BP) construction contract tax matters.
- Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Attorney, Borenius, 2005–2008
- Tax Manager, KPMG, 2003–2005
- Senior Adviser, Ministry of Finance, taxation department, 1998–2002
- Researcher, University of Helsinki, 1994–1998
- Bar Admission, 2007, Helsinki, Finland
- Docent of Tax Law, 2002, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Doctor of Laws, 1998, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1994, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish