Johannes is a transaction lawyer focusing on M&A and private equity transactions and has been involved in numerous domestic and cross-border transactions acting for both private equity sponsors and industrial clients. In addition, he has advised clients, for example, in ownership and equity structuring related to various infrastructure projects. Clients appreciate his ability to seek hands-on solutions to complicated problems. “He understands the deal-making dynamics and has the ability to find solutions instead of problems”, as was quoted by one of our clients.
He regularly lectures on topics relating to mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Prior to joining Borenius, Johannes was a partner with another major Finnish law firm.
Johannes co-heads the firm’s M&A & Private Equity team.
Chambers Europe & Global
The Legal 500
- Commercial, Corporate & M&A
- Advised OP Financial Group in the merger mobile wallets of Pivo (OP Financial Group), MobilePay (owned by Danske Bank) and the Norwegian Vipps.
- Advised Raisio Plc in its acquisition of Verso Food.
- Advised Harvia Plc in its acquisition of the German EOS Group.
- Advised Ponsse Plc in its acquisition of Krenek Forest Service in the Czech Republic
- Advised Liesheng on the acquisition of Suunto from Amer Sports.
- Advised private equity sponsor CapMan on the acquisition of Harvia Oy, one of the world’s leading companies in the sauna industry.
- Advised HMD Global on a USD 100 million financing round.
- Advised Coronaria in the sale of Coronaria Hoiva to Humana AB (Publ.)
- Advised private equity sponsor Adelis Equity Partners on the sale of Med Group.
- Advised Russia Invest (and Sponda Plc, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company, Etera Mutual Pension Insurance Company and Onvest Oy) on acquiring approximately a 55% ownership in the EUR 250 million shopping centre project Okhta Mall in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Advised Suomen Luotto-osuuskunta on the sale of Luottokunta Oy for EUR 170 million to Nets.*
* The transaction was carried out prior to joining Borenius.
- Partner, Borenius, 2013–
- Partner, Castrén & Snellman, 2011–2012
- Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2006–2011
- Associate, Borenius, 2003–2006
- Bar Admission, 2006
- Master of Laws, University of Turku 2001
- Finnish, English, Swedish
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Trescal International on the acquisition of the Nordic Service Group
- Borenius advised Normet Group on the acquisition of Rambooms and Marakon
- Borenius advised City of Helsinki on the sale of Palmia
- Borenius advised Versowood Oy on the restructuring of the company’s ownership
- Borenius advised Korona Invest on the sale of MV-Jäähdytys