Markus has over 10 years of experience in acting as a trusted legal advisor to our clients.
Markus has experience in various fields of business and diverse areas of commercial law. He has successfully represented public and private corporations and financial institutions in a wide range of complex commercial disputes before arbitral tribunals and courts.
Markus has also represented clients in complex white-collar criminal cases and in intellectual property cases, including patent, trademark and trade secrets matters. In addition, Markus regularly gives lectures on various topics and provides day-to-day legal advice to our clients.
Markus has also gained experience as a visiting lawyer at a major Finnish company during which he drafted commercial contracts and provided advice on corporate law and regulatory compliance.
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2011–
- Associate, Borenius, 2009–2011
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Helsinki, 2008
- Legal Counsel, Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority, 2006–2007
- Bar Admission, 2011, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2008, District Court of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws 2006, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
Related references and news
- Borenius successfully represented a public company’s director in an insider trading case
- Borenius successfully represented its clients in a property development dispute
- Borenius represented Finnish leading private healthcare providers in M&A arbitration
- Borenius represents Finnish city in multimillion dispute concerning deficit allocation
- Borenius represented a public company’s board members in an extensive securities enforcement case