Mia specialises in listed company advisory and public M&A. She has more than 15 years of experience in handling listed company transactions that involve complex securities and corporate law aspects, such as public tender offers and mergers. Mia also frequently provides insider, disclosure, and governance advice to listed companies. Prior to joining Borenius, Mia worked as a counsel at another major Finnish law firm. Her prior experience also includes working as a secondee at Nokia Corporation.
Mia has served as a secretary of the Helsinki Takeover Code revision workgroup twice, once in 2013 and again in 2021–2022 (pending), and she is a member of the Finnish Bar Association’s legal expert team on security markets and finance law. Mia has also successfully completed the Certified Board Member (CBM) training programme.
The Legal 500
- Capital Markets – Key Lawyer
- Partner, Borenius, 2022–
- Counsel, Listed Company Advisory and Transactions, Roschier, 2017–2022
- Senior Associate, Roschier, 2010–2017
- Associate, Roschier, 2006–2010
- Visiting lawyer, Nokia Corporation and Nokia Siemens Networks, 2006–2007
- B. Sc. (Econ.), 2007, Helsinki School of Economics
- Master of Laws, 2006, University of Helsinki
- Finnish, English, Swedish, French, German, Spanish
Related references and news
- EU Seeks to Boost Gender Equality on Corporate Boards with a New Directive – What Is the Impact on Finnish Companies?
- The CSRD Has Been Adopted – a New Directive Reforms Corporate Sustainability Reporting in the EU
- Remote and Hybrid General Meetings – Amendments to the Finnish Companies Act Offer New Flexibility
- Borenius Strongly Represented at the Finnish Bar Association
- New Takeover Code Published by the Finnish Securities Market Association