Mikael advises corporate clients that operate in the energy sector with a primary focus on construction projects and other project development. He has gained a wealth of experience from different energy industries, including wind power and other renewables as well as nuclear and conventional energy sources such as hydro and thermal power.
In addition to our clients in the energy sector, Mikael regularly represents clients from other industries on their infrastructure investments and various kinds of complex industrial projects. He also provides day-to-day legal and contractual advice to industrial companies going through structural and operational changes.
Mikael’s legal experience spans several fields of law, such as contract law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, energy regulation, real estate and environmental law.
Mikael joined Borenius in 2016, and he has previously worked e.g. as an in-house legal counsel at Pohjolan Voima Oy and Foster Wheeler Energia Oy. Mikael has also worked at another law firm.
- Energy & Infrastructure
- Counsel, Borenius, 2018–
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2016–2018
- Legal Counsel, Pohjolan Voima Oy, 2010–2016
- Corporate Counsel, Foster Wheeler Energia Oy, 2005–2010
- Legal Counsel, Lexia Attorneys Ltd, 2000–2005
- Notary, District Court of Espoo, 2003–2004
- Master of Laws, 2001, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the Bench, 2004, District Court of Espoo, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish, German