Miranna advises our clients on their US-related business, such as entering the US market, cross-border M&A deals and other transactions that have a US connection. Miranna works at our New York office, but she is also part of our Finance and Banking practice operating in Helsinki, and she assists clients with major domestic and international financial arrangements, including corporate loans, leveraged finance, projects and infrastructure as well as new FinTech products.
Miranna joined Borenius in 2021, and before that she worked as an associate at De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, one of the leading law firms in Europe. During that time Miranna was also seconded to Royal Dutch Shell where she assisted the gas trading team as a legal counsel.
Miranna has LL.B. and LL.M. degrees from the University of Turku, Finland, and is currently in the process of becoming a member of the Finnish Bar Association. In addition, she has completed an LL.M. on International Business Law from VU Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Resident Associate, Borenius, 2021–
- Associate Lawyer, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, 2015–2020
- Legal Counsel (seconded from De Brauw), Royal Dutch Shell, Aug 2017 to Dec 2017
- Tax consultant, PwC Netherlands, 2014–2020
- Recognition of a foreign LL.M. diploma as the Finnish Master of Laws degree, 2014
- Master of Laws, International Business Law, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 2014
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Turku, 2013
- Exchange Programme, Maastricht University, 2013
- Erasmus Exchange Programme, Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem, 2012
- Finnish, English, Dutch, Swedish