Niklas has extensive experience in mining and exploration related matters, and he advises our clients on mining related assignments.
Niklas returns to Borenius from another Finnish law firm where he specialised in similar matters. He has also previously served as a legal counsel at the Geological Survey of Finland and as a senior advisor at the Finnish Mining Authority.
In 2020, Niklas participated in mining law related legislative work as he was appointed as a chief specialist to the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy where he was responsible for the drafting of the latest mining act reform bill.
- Counsel, Borenius, 2022–
- Counsel, Kalliolaw Attorneys, 2021–2022
- Chief Specialist, Ministry of Employment and the Economy, 2020–2021
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2019–2020
- Associate, Borenius, 2016–2019
- Legal Counsel, Geological Survey of Finland, 2014–2016
- Senior Advisor, Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency, 2011–2013
- Recognition of studies completed abroad as comparable to a Master of Laws degree completed in Finland, 2011, Finnish National Board of Education
- Master of Laws, 2009, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Bachelor of Arts, 2008, International University Audentes, Estonia
- Finnish, English
- Finnish Bar Association
- Finnish Society for Environmental Law
- Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers
- The Finnish Corporate Responsibility Law Association