Saara advises clients on real-estate and construction law. Her scope includes real estate transactions, real estate development projects, and construction projects, as well as legal questions relating to the use and maintenance of real property. She has also represented numerous clients in disputes regarding construction contracts, sales of real estate and real estate companies, and other real estate projects.
Saara frequently lectures in seminars, particularly on questions related to construction, leasing, and real estate development.
Saara heads the firm’s Real Estate team.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Construction (Spotlight Table)
Chambers Europe | 2020 & 2021
“Skilful and experienced.”
“A true construction specialist.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“She is well known in the real estate community.”
“Very easy to communicate.”
The Legal 500
- Real Estate and Construction
- Real Estate & Construction
Who’s Who Legal
- Construction – Thought Leader
- Advises Citycon on the redevelopment of shopping centre Lippulaiva, including the construction of apartment buildings, a metro station and a bus terminal.
- Advised Fennia, Aktia Life Insurance and Yleisradion eläkesäätiö on their acquisition of Gigahertsi, the extension of Lähipalvelukeskus Hertsi, from YIT and Hartela.
- Advised Morgan Stanley on its EUR 516 million acquisition of the Itis shopping centre from Wereldhave N.V.
- Partner, Borenius, 2016–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2013–2016
- Partner, Project Law Attorneys Ltd, 2008–2012
- Lawyer, Jukka Aho & Co Project Law Consultants, 2001–2008
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Helsinki, 2000–2001
- Lawyer, Finnish Real Estate Federation, 1997–2000
- Bar Admission, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2001, District Court of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1997, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish