Tuomas advises clients on a wide variety of financial transactions, including bank lending, bond financings, securitisations and debt based crowdfunding. He also regularly advises on financial restructurings and on financial regulatory and company law matters. In addition to these key competencies, Tuomas has experience in M&A transactions and real estate projects.
Tuomas is a recognised expert on financing law. He has actively participated in the preparation of new legislation on financial markets in Finland (including the Finnish Act on the Bondholders’ Representative, the Finnish Crowdfunding Act and the recent reform of the Finnish Securities Market Act) and published several articles in the field of proprietary law.
Prior to joining Borenius, Tuomas worked for two other Finnish law firms and a leading professional services network as a corporate law consultant.
In addition to his Master of Laws degree from the University of Helsinki, Tuomas has completed a Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Administration at Aalto University.
- Banking, M&A
- Counsel, Borenius, 2014–
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2011–2014
- Visiting Lawyer, Sozietät Graf von Westphalen, Frankfurt (Main), 2011
- Senior Associate, Hammarström Puhakka Partners, 2007–2011
- Corporate Law Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2006–2007
- Associate, White & Case, 2005–2006
- Clerk, District Court of Mikkeli, 2004–2005
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, 2012, Aalto University School of Business, Finland
- Bar Admission, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2005, District Court of Mikkeli, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2003, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, Swedish, English, German