Veli’s main fields of expertise are construction and real estate litigation, corporate law, transport law and insurance law. During his career Veli has advised numerous major domestic and international companies as well as represented clients in litigations and arbitrations related to construction and real estate. He has also served as an Arbitrator in several disputes.
Following his graduation from the University of Helsinki and his court training in Ilmajoki jurisdiction, in 1984 Veli transferred to Pohjola Group, working for several years as a Business Unit Lawyer, Division Manager and Assistant Head of Department. In 1988, he started as the Administrative Director of the real estate investment company founded by Pohjola and KOP. Between 1991 and 2000 he worked as a Partner and the Head of the Corporate Competence group in Attorneys-at-Law Heikki Haapaniemi. From there he moved on to Attorneys-at-Law Veikko Palotie & Co, serving as a Partner and the Head of the Construction and Real Estate Competence group until 2008, when he started as a Senior Advisor at Borenius, heading its Construction practise.
Veli is recognised as one of the leading experts in Finland in the areas of real estate and construction by publications such as Best Lawyers and Chambers Europe.
- Senior Advisor, Borenius, 2008–
- Partner, Veikko Palotie & Co Attorneys, 2000–2008
- Partner, Heikki Haapaniemi Attorneys, 1992–2000
- Limited Partner, Heikki Haapaniemi Attorneys, 1991–1992
- Partner, Matti Toppola Attorneys, 1989–1991
- Administrative Director, Jämerä Kiinteistöt, 1988–1989
- Legal Counsel, Head of Section, Deputy Head of Department, Pohjola, 1984–1988
- Partner, Own law office, 1979–1984
- Bar Admission, 1989, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 1985, Ilmajoki District court, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1982, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish, German