Janni advises clients on equity and debt capital markets transactions and securities markets regulation as well as on questions related to financial services regulation and fund management.
Janni was seconded to Goldman Sachs’ investment banking legal department in London in 2018, and she has also worked as a visiting lawyer at the Capital Markets Financing team of OP Corporate Bank plc. Before joining Borenius, Janni worked as an associate at another Finnish law firm and at the Ministry of Finance focusing on issues related to AIFM, investment funds and banking regulation.
Janni co-heads the firm’s Financial Institutions and Regulation team.
- Capital Markets (Associates to watch)
Chambers Europe | 2020
“She is very organised, easy to work with and has a pragmatic approach.”
Chambers Europe | 2019
“Good technical knowledge and great attention to detail.”
- Counsel, Borenius, 2021–
- Visiting Lawyer, Investment Banking Division, Goldman Sachs International, 2018
- Visiting Lawyer, Capital Markets Financing, OP Corporate Bank plc, 2017
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2016–2021
- Associate, Borenius, 2015–2016
- Associate, Waselius & Wist, 2014–2015
- Advisor, Financial Markets Department, Ministry of Finance, 2012–2014
- Assistant Compliance Officer, Pohjola Pankki Plc, 2012
- Bar Admission, 2016, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2011, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish