Niki J. Welling
Niki is an expert in arbitration and civil litigation. He has advocated cases before Finnish courts and arbitral tribunals (ICC, FAI, SCC) in numerous industries, including the construction, energy, shipping, international trade and professional services industries. Niki also has special litigation experience from the financial industry and cases related to insolvency, securities markets and investment services.
In addition, Niki is a member of the firm’s Corporate Crime practice, and he regularly advises our clients on matters concerning environmental offences, work safety offences, corruption, product liability and various other issues of professional and directors’ liability.
Niki also regularly advises clients on general corporate and commercial law as well as on employment law matters. Clients highly appreciate Niki’s analytical yet pragmatic approach to finding solutions.
- Counsel, Borenius, 2020–
- Senior Legal Counsel, Nordea Bank Abp, 2018–2020
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2012–2018
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Helsinki, 2011–2012
- Associate, Merilampi, 2010–2012
- Lawyer, Consumer Disputes Board, 2009–2010
- Legal & Compliance, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, 2007–2009
- Finnish Arbitration Academy, 2016, Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Bar Admission, 2013, Helsinki, Finland
- Court training, 2012, District Court of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2009, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English