Borenius’ Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
The situation with coronavirus (COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2) in Europe is changing rapidly, and the number of cases is increasing. A large number of infections have also been reported in the Nordic countries.
On 16 March 2020, the Finnish Government decided to declare a state of emergency in Finland as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, and it will be in force at least until 13 April 2020. The state of emergency and the applied national precautionary measures are aimed to protect the population and especially the elderly and other risk groups.
We are constantly monitoring the situation, and we follow the recommendations of authorities and competent experts. We have a responsibility to take extra precautions to protect our staff, their families, our clients and partners as well as all the communities around us.
We continue to serve our clients with the same quality as before. Our partners and lawyers can be reached as normally via e-mail and by telephone and they continue to carry out their work from a distance.
The situation is unprecedented and we are taking the following steps to reduce the risks associated with the coronavirus outbreak while ensuring that we continue to serve our clients and work together with our partners:
- We are carrying out extensive hygiene measures and cleaning processes at our offices.
- We have eliminated all traveling and reduced any non-essential contacts. We are providing instructions to all of our employees and visitors.
- We have implemented a work from home policy for our employees. Our entire staff is fully equipped to work from home.
- We are ready to manage and conduct all meetings virtually via various video conferencing systems.
- We arrange webinars and podcasts instead of seminars, lunches and other hosted events.
- Our critical services are secured to provide support to the ongoing business as usual.
If you have any questions about our procedures, please get in touch with your Borenius contact person.