Jani advises international and domestic clients in all employment law and pension & benefits related questions including also occupational safety, discrimination and immigration matters. Jani has extensive experience in litigating employment law matters; negotiating and drafting top management agreements, company policies and procedures; as well as advising employers confronting a wide range of employment law issues including, inter alia, outsourcing, reorganizations and redundancies.
He is also an accredited mediator of the Finnish Bar Association and a frequent speaker about employment law issues at domestic and foreign seminars.
Jani heads the firm’s Employment team.
Chambers Europe | 2020
“Always very responsive and accessible and offers high-quality advice.”
Chambers Europe | 2019
“Very easy to approach and manages to explain legal terms in business language.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“He has a very good, customer-oriented attitude” and describes him as “always available.”
The Legal 500
The Legal 500 | 2019
“Exceptionally skilled and service-minded.”
The Legal 500 | 2017
“Understands the needs and behaviours of Finnish organisations in challenging negotiations.”
Who’s who legal
- Labour, Employment & Benefits
- Corporate Immigration
- Advised Ahlstrom Corporation in outsourcing its global IT functions across 15 jurisdictions.
- Advised a US listed company in one of Finland’s largest reorganizations and redundancies in 2014, involving over 600 employees.
- Advised Kesko Corporation in numerous litigations concerning unfair dismissal, discrimination, and working hour issues, as well as misconduct and disciplinary issues.
- Advised the top management of a Finnish listed company against criminal charges, relating to a claimed breach of cooperation consultation obligation.
- Partner, Borenius, 2014–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2011–2014
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2007–2011
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2006–2007
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Kemijärvi, 2002–2003
- Associate, Brander & Manner Attorneys, 2000–2006
- Bar Admission, 2005, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2003, District court of Kemijärvi, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2001, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish