Tel. +358 20 713 3478
Mob. +358 40 670 4822
Jani advises international and domestic clients in all employment law and pension & benefits related questions including also occupational safety, discrimination and immigration matters. Jani has extensive experience in litigating employment law matters; negotiating and drafting top management agreements, company policies and procedures; as well as advising employers confronting a wide range of employment law issues including, inter alia, outsourcing, reorganizations and redundancies.
He is also an accredited mediator of the Finnish Bar Association and a frequent speaker about employment law issues at domestic and foreign seminars.
Jani heads the firm’s Employment team.
The Legal 500
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Immigration
- Labour & Employment
- Advised Ahlstrom Corporation in outsourcing its global IT functions across 15 jurisdictions.
- Advised a US listed company in one of Finland’s largest reorganizations and redundancies in 2014, involving over 600 employees.
- Advised Kesko Corporation in numerous litigations concerning unfair dismissal, discrimination, and working hour issues, as well as misconduct and disciplinary issues.
- Advised the top management of a Finnish listed company against criminal charges, relating to a claimed breach of cooperation consultation obligation.
- Partner, Borenius, 2014–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2011–2014
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2007–2011
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2006–2007
- Trainee District Judge, District Court of Kemijärvi, 2002–2003
- Associate, Brander & Manner Attorneys, 2000–2006
- Bar Admission, 2005, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2003, District court of Kemijärvi, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2001, University of Turku, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish
Related references and news
- Employer Certification Simplifies the Work Permit Application Process
- Employers now required to apply for A1 certificates also for short-term work-related travel
- Borenius Strongly Represented at the Finnish Bar Association
- The Proposal for the Finnish Whistleblowing Act is Here
- New Fast-Track Service for Business Immigration – a Finnish Residence Permit in Just Two Weeks