Jemina advises our clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters as well as in the fields of technology and commercial contracts.
Jemina regularly assists well-known brand owners and clients with the drafting of commercial agreements, brand protection and licensing as well as other commercial matters related to e.g. e-commerce, marketing and consumer laws. She is also well versed in copyright matters.
During her career, Jemina has gained significant experience in IP litigation and arbitration, having assisted our clients in several high-profile cases involving trademarks, copyright, patents, unfair business practices and trade secrets both before the Finnish Market Court and higher courts. She regularly advises our clients on and represents them in infringement and revocation actions, preliminary injunction proceedings and actions for damages.
Jemina’s expertise also covers regulatory matters, particularly those relating to pharmaceuticals and medical devices as well as foodstuffs. She has also been involved in several M&A transactions where she provided advice on issues related to IP, IT and commercial contracts.
Jemina joined Borenius as Associate in 2016, and before that she worked at the firm as a trainee. Jemina has also gained relevant experience from completing a one-year court training at a local District Court.
In addition to her law studies at the University of Helsinki, Jemina has studied law at the University of Sheffield in the UK.
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- Rising Star
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2020–
- Associate, Borenius, 2016–2020
- Trainee District Judge, 2019–2020, District Court of Itä-Uusimaa, Finland
- Bar Admission, 2020, Helsinki, Finland
- Trained on the Bench, 2020, District Court of Itä-Uusimaa, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2016, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius Awarded the Title of Patent Litigation Firm of the Year (Finland) by the Global IP Awards 2022
- Market Court Bars Preliminary Injunctions Based on Patent Applications
- Landmark Market Court Decision Strengthens Invalidity Attack as Defence Against Preliminary Injunctions
- Borenius’ Streak Continues with MIP Rising Stars 2021 Rankings
- Borenius’ IP Team Sweeps MIP IP STARS 2021