Data & Privacy
Businesses must take an ever-expanding array of legal and regulatory matters involving data into consideration in their daily operations. Our experienced Data & Privacy team is ready to tackle all questions related to GDPR, big data, the Internet of Things, wearable technology, online advertising, and data breaches.
We understand that managing and protecting data is becoming increasingly important for our clients, particularly as regulators and consumers become more vigilant about how data is processed. Our team has specific expertise in guiding our clients through Finnish and EU-level legal frameworks for data protection and privacy, and our extensive international network enables us to provide advice on local protection issues to our clients around the globe.
We are here to help your business
We advise our clients on a variety of data protection compliance and regulatory matters. We understand that data – whether personal data or other data – has become increasingly important for businesses in various industries and in terms of global trade and the economy in general. Our experts will provide you with practical and strategic consultation and advice that will generate extra value for your business and operations.
Our areas of expertise include
- Day-to-day advice on data protection matters, including the interpretation of legal and regulatory requirements in each context
- Data protection compliance audits
- Preparation and assessment of data protection policies, procedures, and practices to ensure that operational processes are compliant with data protection requirements
- Advice on international data transfers, especially those that involve stakeholders in various jurisdictions
- Advice on data breach and cybersecurity incidents and investigations, including notifications to authorities and individuals
- Electronic communications, such as questions relating to the access to and processing of email communications
- Advice on the data protection aspects of commercial arrangements, such as outsourcing arrangements, service provider relationships, and R&D operations
- Marketing related questions, such as profiling and targeting, electronic marketing, and cookie consent requirements
- Data related questions in corporate and M&A transactions, e.g. in connection with legal due diligence processes
- Data protection training and compliance programmes
- Advice on sector-specific regulatory requirements, such as health and patient data, employee data, and electronic communications
- The commercialisation of data e.g. through licensing arrangements
- Cooperation arrangements involving data sharing
- The legal aspects of data collection practices e.g. through sensor-equipped machines
- The anonymisation of personal data