Projects & Construction
Large-scale projects are always strategic by default, and high stakes of succeeding in implementation requires premium legal advice. We are genuinely focused on construction and engineering, and our clients rely on our in-depth industry knowledge to help them achieve their most ambitious project goals.
Our services cover the entire lifespan of a project. We assist our clients from an early stage onwards, starting from structuring, acquisition or development, or procurement or tender phase. Our experienced counsel take the lead on negotiating and documenting the full array of project and financing agreements tailored to case-specific needs.
Typically, the construction phase of a project may be subject to its own share of challenges where knowledgeable advice makes all the difference. We provide proactive support in contract and claims management, dispute avoidance and advisory e.g. relating to guarantees, warranties and operational phase liability questions.
Our construction and project specialists’ hands-on way of working stems from taking the client’s project as our own. We work alongside business units, legal departments and project personnel to provide risk assessments and strategic advice when it matters the most. Our team also works together with Borenius’ cross-discipline teams – the combined expertise e.g. from Energy & Infrastructure, Real Estate, and Environment & Natural Resources teams ensures the appropriate foresight and flexibility.
Our team benefits from handling both contentious and non-contentious matters. We know common pitfalls and challenges encountered during the implementation of a project and take them into account when resolving conflicts. In addition, our experts routinely represent parties in commercial and industrial construction disputes.
We are here to help your business
Borenius’ project and construction experts along with the firm’s other teams deliver their combined in-depth understanding of the various aspects of large-scale investments.
We work on a wide range of sectors such as
- industrial (manufacturing plants, power generation, logistics),
- infrastructure (roads, airports, bridges, railways, ports and social infrastructure),
- mining and metals,
- water and wastewater treatment and
- real estate development.
Typical services for our clients include for example:
- Project development and structuring
- Construction and engineering contracts
- Supply and consultancy contracts
- Turnkey EPC(M) contracts
- O&M agreements
- PPP, alliance and life cycle ventures
- Environmental and regulatory matters
- Public procurement matters
- Joint ventures
- Commercial agreements
- Contract and claims management
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Litigation and arbitration
“The team at Borenius is very responsive, proactive and commercially orientated.”
The Legal 500
“Wide team with knowledge of both transactions and development projects. Also good commercial understanding.”
- Borenius advises CapMan on the EUR 500 million acquisition of a rental residential property portfolio.
- Borenius advised Morgan Stanley on a major residential portfolio sale.
- Borenius advised Aberdeen Standard Investments on the acquisition of a 66% stake in Outokummun Energia.
- Borenius acted as administrator in Stockmann restructuring.