Johan co-heads our M&A & Private Equity practice with 15 years of experience in the field. His clients include leading private equity sponsors, industrial companies and financial institutions. The majority of the transactions Johan is involved in are of a cross-border nature.
Johan also advises our clients on questions related to private equity funds and various ownership and equity structures as well as on the transactional side of wind power projects. Johan frequently holds lectures for law students as part of programmes arranged by the University of Helsinki.
Legal 500 | 2016
- Advised Finnish private equity sponsor CapMan in its divestment of the leading Finnish private dentistry chain Oral with 63 clinics and sales close to EUR 100 million to Colosseum Dental, a Swiss-based dentistry group.
- Advised Pohjolan Design-Talo and Talliosake, a supplier of work and storage facilities, in their agreed merger. The companies are market leaders in their respective fields. Pohjolan Design-Talo Oy (Detapo Oy) is Finland’s leading manufacturer of turnkey single-family homes. Pohjolan Design-Talo posted a turnover of EUR 71.3 million and employed 209 members of staff in 2016.
- Advised publicly traded Elite Asset Management (Nasdaq Helsinki First North) in their acquisition of the Alfred Berg Finland entities from Alfred Berg Asset Management AB (a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Asset Management).
- Advised Kesko Corporation (listed on Nasdaq Helsinki) in the sale of Anttila Oy to 4K Invest. The transaction concerned Anttila’s operations in Finland, including Anttila and Kodin1 department stores (31 stores in total), NetAnttila and Kodin1.com online stores, and NetAnttila’s operations in Estonia and Latvia.
- Partner, Borenius, 2014–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2011–2013
- Associate/Senior Associate, Borenius, 2004–2011
- Bar Admission, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics (Accounting), 2008, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Finland
- Trained on the bench, 2006, District court of Raseborg, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2004, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English, French