Banking & Finance
Borenius’ Banking & Finance practice is a market leader in its field with one of the largest teams in Finland advising lenders, borrowers, financial institutions, management and shareholders on major domestic and international financial arrangements.
We are here to help your business
We regularly advise our clients on significant transactions in the market that require specialised high-quality expertise. Our team members are also actively involved in various finance-related legislative processes, and in addition to our outstanding legal expertise, we constantly monitor market developments and practices in order to provide our clients with the latest commercial view.
Our areas of expertise include
- Corporate loans
- Leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Projects and infrastructure (including PPPs)
- Direct lending (including mezzanine)
- Debt capital markets transactions (including private placements, hybrid instruments, EMTNs and covered bonds)
- Tender offers and consent solicitations
- Securitisation, structured finance and derivatives
- Restructuring, workouts and rescue financing
- Regulatory advice
- Fintech and new products
As Borenius is a full-service law firm, we frequently work together with our other market leading teams, such as Capital Markets & Public M&A, Financial Institutions & Regulation, M&A & Private Equity, Real Estate and Construction, Restructuring & Insolvency, and Tax. This enables us to better help our clients achieve the best possible outcome and to provide comprehensive solutions in various business areas in complex situations. We also maintain an extensive network of international law firms, and we can offer efficient cross-border advice when needed.
Our latest recognitions
Our clients are at the heart of what we do, and our achievements are built upon our clients’ success. That is why we are extremely happy to have been entrusted with a broad range of cases.
“The team is very keen on getting the deal done. The lawyers are always able to see the big picture and understand what is important and relevant.”
The Legal 500
“Impeccable substance knowledge and experience well beyond what was needed in our – as such demanding and complex – project, very pragmatic, solution oriented and pleasant style.”
- Advised Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch and Nordea Bank Abp in connection with Suominen Corporation’s EUR 100,000,000 credit facility agreement linked to sustainability targets
- Advised Nordea Bank Abp as the arranger of backup and term loan facilities of EUR 1.55 billion for Metso in connection with the combination of Metso Minerals and Outotec
- Advised the lenders on a tender offer made by Mehiläinen Yhtiöt Oy for all shares in Pihlajalinna Plc
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Banking & Finance references here.
Latest references & news
- Borenius advised Pihlajalinna Plc on its EUR 20 million issue of hybrid capital securities
- Borenius advised Oma Savings Bank Plc on consent solicitation
- Borenius advised Norvestor on the acquisition of Rantalainen
- Borenius advised a syndicate of seven banks on their EUR 330 million sustainability-linked revolving credit facility for the Cargotec Corporation