Banking & Finance
Borenius’ Banking & Finance practice is a market leader in its field with one of the largest teams in Finland advising lenders, borrowers, financial institutions, management and shareholders on major domestic and international financial arrangements.
We regularly advise our clients on significant transactions in the market that require specialised high-quality expertise. Our team members are also actively involved in various finance-related legislative processes, and in addition to our outstanding legal expertise, we constantly monitor market developments and practices in order to provide our clients with the latest commercial view.
Our services include:
- Corporate loans
- Leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Projects and infrastructure (including PPPs)
- Direct lending (including mezzanine)
- Debt capital markets transactions (including private placements, hybrid instruments, EMTNs and covered bonds)
- Tender offers and consent solicitations
- Securitisation, structured finance and derivatives
- Restructuring, workouts and rescue financing
- Regulatory advice
- Fintech and new products
As Borenius is a full-service law firm, we frequently work together with our other market leading teams such as Capital Markets & Public M&A, Financial Institutions & Regulation, M&A & Private Equity, Real Estate and Construction, Restructuring & Insolvency, and Tax. This enables us to better help our clients achieve the best possible outcome and to provide comprehensive solutions in various business areas in complex situations. We also maintain an extensive network of international law firms, and we can offer efficient cross-border advice when needed.
We are top ranked by all leading legal directories, including IFLR1000, The Legal 500, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe.
Select References - Banking & Finance
- Advised Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch and Nordea Bank Abp in connection with Suominen Corporation’s EUR 100,000,000 credit facility agreement linked to sustainability targets (2020)
- Advised Nordea Bank Abp as the arranger of backup and term loan facilities of EUR 1.55 billion for Metso in connection with the combination of Metso Minerals and Outotec (2019)
- Advised the lenders on a tender offer made by Mehiläinen Yhtiöt Oy for all shares in Pihlajalinna Plc (2019)
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Banking & Finance references here.
Latest references & news
- Borenius advised Aspo Plc on its EUR 30 million hybrid bond issue
- Borenius advised Danske Bank A/S and OP Corporate Bank plc on a EUR 500 million green term loan for Neste Oyj
- Borenius advised SRV on the reorganisation of its balance sheet
- Finance Plays a Key Role in the Fight Against Climate Change