Niina advises on banking and finance, debt capital markets and debt restructuring. Niina has extensive experience in both domestic and cross border leveraged buyout deals, project financing, corporate lending, real estate finance and debt issuance. She also advises clients on trade finance and derivatives. Prior to joining Borenius, Niina has worked as legal counsel at Nordea Bank.
Niina’s competence is also globally recognised as IFLR1000 has named Niina as one of its Women Leaders several times.
Niina co-heads the firm’s Banking & Finance team.
Chambers Europe & Global
- Banking & Finance
The Legal 500
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets – Key Lawyer
- Capital markets: Debt, Banking
- Women Leaders 2021
- Advised ING Bank, a branch of ING-DiBa AG, and the other financing parties on the financing of the Lakiakangas wind farm;
- Advised the lenders on EUR 1.01 billion financing for the acquisition of Mehiläinen by CVC Capital Partners;
- Advised a fund managed by Morgan Stanley on the purchase of the Itis shopping centre from Wereldhave N.V.;
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the purchase of a residential real estate portfolio from Kojamo Group plc;
- Advised Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch in connection with a EUR 100 million senior secured bond issue, which was the first large real estate development bond in Finland.
- Partner, Borenius, 2016–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2016
- Legal Counsel, Nordea Bank Finland, 2010–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Bar Admissions, 2015, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics, 2008, University of Tampere, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2005, University of Lapland, Finland
- Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Danske Mortgage Bank Plc on consent solicitation and the update of its Covered Bond Programme
- Borenius advised the State of Finland’s EUR 2.35 billion bridge financing for Fortum
- Borenius advised SRV on the reorganisation of its balance sheet
- Borenius advised Aspo Plc on its EUR 30 million hybrid bond issue
- Partners Saara Paronen and Niina Nuottimäki Named as IFLR1000’s Women Leaders 2022