The participants in the financial markets continue to face new regulation, and they need to invest more in to compliance and other measures to follow the requirements. At the same time, regulation opens up new opportunities. New fintech companies may be considered to challenge old institutions, but at the same time the development of new services takes place throughout the market. The market also provides ample possibilities for M&A transactions, whether driven by economies of scale or new innovations.
Borenius’ Financial Institutions & Regulation team provides comprehensive counseling on local regulations and practicalities relating to banking, securities, derivatives, stock exchange and book-entry system matters and other financial products and transactions. The team combines Borenius’ industry expertise and knowledge from various fields of law, utilizing our experts from all relevant practices for the needs of our clients, anything from a fintech start-up to the largest financial institutions. The team combines resources especially from our Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Fund Formation & Investment Management practices, supported by our other experts such as TMT practice who supports fintech start-up’s or Tax practice.
We advise leading banks and other financial institutions on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues. Our lawyers have extensive practical experience from working with legislation and advising major clients in the financial services industry. In addition, a number of our lawyers have good insight to the field also from our clients’ point of view.
- Advised various foreign financial institutions in relation to regulatory questions on providing investment services in Finland.
- Advised various fintech companies in relation to regulatory questions and with FIN-FSA handlings.
- Advised Oma Säästöpankki Oyj on its covered bond program and various notes issues (2017).
- Advised Elite Asset Management Plc when it acquired Alfred Berg Finland entities from BNP Paribas (2017).
- Advised financial group Taaleri Plc on its listing on Nasdaq Helsinki main market (2016).
- Advised Evli Bank Plc on its Nasdaq Helsinki IPO (2015).
- Advised Elite Asset Management Plc on its Nasdaq Helsinki First North IPO (2015).
- Advised Taaleri Plc in the acquisition of Garantia Insurance Company (2015).