Corporate Advisory & Compliance
The Corporate Advisory of Borenius draws on our team members’ wide-ranging experience from the advisory boards and management of private and publicly traded Finnish companies. The members of the group have thorough experience in dealing with complex issues in all stages of the lifespan of a corporation and can draw on years’ of experience in serving on corporate boards and from chairing general meetings of shareholders in companies active in diverse fields of business.
Together with specialists from other practice groups, we offer corporate advisory services, in relation to all areas relating to corporate matters, such as:
- compliance, corporate social responsibility and codes of conduct
- governance and conflicts of interest
- share-based incentive schemes
- issues of equity and debt instruments
- mergers, de-mergers and share swap based structuring
- distributions and transactions with related parties
- general and extra meetings of shareholders
- stock market rules and disclosures
- restructurings, insolvency and capital impairment
Our advisory services include the assessment, documentation and implementation of corporate governance in general and legal risk management relating to directors’ liabilities and responsibilities and shareholders’ rights, in relation to both publicly traded and private companies.
The legal framework for Finnish limited liability companies offers a flexible tool for innovative solutions in fundraising, joint ventures, shareholder governance, etc. However, its flexibility places special emphasis on general company law principles, emphasizing the need for legal analysis to assess the effects of the action planned and the interrelationship of interested parties.
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Corporate Advisory & Compliance references here.
Latest references & news
- EU Seeks to Boost Gender Equality on Corporate Boards with a New Directive – What Is the Impact on Finnish Companies?
- Borenius advised Endomines on a change of domicile from Sweden to Finland, its listing on Nasdaq Helsinki, and an EUR 13 million IPO-style offering
- Borenius advised Versowood Oy on the restructuring of the company’s ownership
- New Partner to Borenius’ Capital Markets & Public M&A Team