Fund Formation & Investment Management
Borenius’ Fund Formation & Investment Management team comprises some of the most respected lawyers in Finland. We represent fund sponsors in establishing and structuring funds and advise institutional investors on investments in funds throughout Europe and the United States. We also advise clients on agreements relating to joint venture investment vehicles, portfolio management arrangements, and investment mandates.
We are here to help your business
Complex fund structures and investment management arrangements require more than legal expertise. In addition to our well-established experience in both domestic and foreign structures, we also provide in-depth knowledge of market practices, a grasp on ever-evolving regulation, and seamless cooperation with Borenius’ tax experts. We also have in-depth understanding of investor expectations regarding fund terms and governance.
Our areas of expertise include
- Alternative management fee and carried interest / success fee models
- Closed-end funds, evergreen investment entities, “club deals”, and asset management arrangements
- Buyout, venture capital, mezzanine, infrastructure, and real estate funds
- Funds of funds and feeder funds
- Intra-group advisory agreements, co-investments, and property management arrangements
- Shareholding and compensation schemes
- The regulatory aspects of fund management and securities law aspects of marketing funds
In acknowledgement of the increasing regulation faced by private funds and the investment management industry, we also actively monitor regulatory changes relating to financial services, such as the AIFM directive and the related venture capital regime, in addition to contributing to the development of the regulatory landscape through our membership in the Finnish Venture Capital Association and the European Venture Capital Association.
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Fund Formation & Investment Management references here.
Latest references & news
- Borenius advised IPR.VC on the launch of its third film and television production financing fund
- Borenius advised Kvanted, a new Nordic industrial tech investor, on the formation of its first fund
- Borenius advised Greencode Ventures on the formation of a green transition fund
- Borenius advised Lifeline Ventures on the formation of Lifeline Ventures V, a EUR 150 million VC fund