Heikki advises on domestic and international tax matters in corporate and personal income taxation.
Heikki has extensive experience in M&A tax and structuring, as well as in taxation in the real estate, private equity and venture capital sector. He also advises clients regularly in tax disputes ranging from domestic tax audits to international transfer pricing litigations.
In addition to transactions and tax controversy work, Heikki has wide experience in the taxation of management incentive structures, the cross-border taxation of executives and personal income taxation in general.
Chambers Europe | 2021
“Easy to understand and knowledgeable.”
“Keep the context in mind for the best overall solution.“
Chambers Europe | 2020
“Very knowledgeable and hard-working.”
“He has a business-minded approach.”
Chambers Europe | 2019
“Broad knowledge in the field of taxation.”
“High-quality work in the agreed timeframe.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“Vast technical knowledge and great customer service.”
The Legal 500
The Legal 500 | 2021
“Is always easily reachable and ready to assist. We value his solution-orientated and business-minded approach highly.”
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Tax – Thought Leader
- Corporate Tax – Advisory
- Highly Regarded
- Advised Vitruvian Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in Accountor Holding Oy, the leading provider of financial, accounting and HR solutions in Northern Europe.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan on their acquisition of a majority holding in the Finnish Harvia Oy, one of the world’s leading companies in the sauna industry, and later advised Harvia on its Helsinki main list IPO.
- Advised real estate funds managed by Morgan Stanley on the acquisition of a residential real estate portfolio in Finland, and on the acquisition of the Itis shopping centre in Helsinki.
- Advised a foreign multinational corporation on Finnish transfer pricing defence litigation in one of the largest transfer pricing cases in Finland.
- Advised Svenska Handelsbanken AB Finnish Branch regarding an equity based employee incentive scheme, and represented the company in the advance ruling procedure related to it.
- Partner, Borenius, 2018–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2017
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2012–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2009–2011
- Tax Advisor, Fidal Société d’Avocats, Paris, France 2008–2009
- Tax Advisor, Deloitte & Touche, 2006–2008
- Assistant tax officer, Finnish tax administration, 2006
- Bar Admission, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of laws, 2006, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, French, Swedish