Heikki advises on domestic and international tax matters in corporate and personal income taxation.
Heikki has extensive experience in M&A tax and structuring, as well as in taxation in the real estate, private equity and venture capital sector. He also advises clients regularly in tax disputes ranging from domestic tax audits to international transfer pricing litigations.
In addition to transactions and tax controversy work, Heikki has wide experience in the taxation of management incentive structures, the cross-border taxation of executives and personal income taxation in general.
Heikki is currently on parental leave.
The Legal 500
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Tax – Thought Leader
- Corporate Tax – Advisory
- Highly Regarded
- Advised Vitruvian Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in Accountor Holding Oy, the leading provider of financial, accounting and HR solutions in Northern Europe.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan on their acquisition of a majority holding in the Finnish Harvia Oy, one of the world’s leading companies in the sauna industry, and later advised Harvia on its Helsinki main list IPO.
- Advised real estate funds managed by Morgan Stanley on the acquisition of a residential real estate portfolio in Finland, and on the acquisition of the Itis shopping centre in Helsinki.
- Advised a foreign multinational corporation on Finnish transfer pricing defence litigation in one of the largest transfer pricing cases in Finland.
- Advised Svenska Handelsbanken AB Finnish Branch regarding an equity based employee incentive scheme, and represented the company in the advance ruling procedure related to it.
- Partner, Borenius, 2018–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2017
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2012–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2009–2011
- Tax Advisor, Fidal Société d’Avocats, Paris, France 2008–2009
- Tax Advisor, Deloitte & Touche, 2006–2008
- Assistant tax officer, Finnish tax administration, 2006
- Bar Admission, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of laws, 2006, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, French, Swedish
Related references and news
- Apple Inc’s Alleged State Aid – Advocate General’s Perspective in Commission v Ireland
- Borenius advised Davie on the purchase of the assets of Helsinki Shipyard
- New SAC Precedents on Tax Neutral US Flips
- Borenius advised Norvestor and Rantalainen in connection with the acquisition of Klara Consulting Holding AB
- The Finnish Supreme Administrative Court Decides Two Cases Regarding Share Issues to Employees in Private Companies