Jyrki advises on public and private M&A and corporate governance matters. He is a leading authority on fund formation and private equity in Finland.
Jyrki has served as an administrator and trustee in a number of major corporate restructuring procedures and bankruptcy estates.
Jyrki is a member of the board of directors of a number of Finnish companies. He serves as chairman of the Finnish Venture Capital Association’s Legal Committee and as a member of the Invest Europe’s Tax, Legal and Regulatory Committee. He also writes articles and lectures on subjects related to his areas of specialisation.
Chambers Europe & Global
- M&A (Senior Statespeople)
- Restructuring & Insolvency (Senior Statespeople)
Chambers Global | 2021
“Very reliable, consistent, knowledgeable and collaborative.”
“Very good strategic view on things.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2020
“Good command of domestic and international corporate law.”
“One of the most experienced insolvency lawyers.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2019
“True business lawyer who can relate understanding of corporate law with business understanding.”
“Immense depth of experience.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2018
“He allows clients to make decisions themselves but advises on how to come to that decision.”
“He has excellent negotiation skills and experience. He is to the point and creates a true partnership with the client which goes beyond legal advice.”
The Legal 500
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A
Legal 500 | 2020
“Really impressed us with his experience and capability to always concentrate on the right topics without spending any unnecessary time on the secondary items.”
Legal 500 | 2019
- Restructuring & insolvency, Private equity
IFLR1000 | 2021
“Calm, collected and a senior deal maker.”
“One of the most senior legal minds in Finland actively engaging in customer advisory.”
IFLR1000 | 2020
“Consistent top quality work and solid advice.”
“High quality in challenging, international M&A transactions. Very high level of legal know-how.”
IFLR1000 | 2019
“Proactive, very experienced and very good at dealing with customers board members and senior management.”
“Very good understanding of customer’s needs. Excellent negotiation skills.”
Who’s Who Legal
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Investment Funds
- Private Equity (Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Venture Capital (Lawyer of the Year 2017-2018)
Global Restructuring Review 100
- Restructuring & Insolviency
- Advised the Finnish Deaconess Foundation on selling its shareholding in Terveystalo Plc to OP Group for EUR 140 million.
- Advised Huurre Group on selling Huurre Finland to Caverion Plc and Porkka to Festivo Finland.
- Advised PKC Group Plc board on the Motherson Sumi Systems EUR 571 million public tender offer.
- Advised CapMan Plc on acquiring Helsinki listed Norvestia Plc and de-listing the Company.
- Advised Fortum and E.ON on selling their shareholding in Gasum Oy to the State of Finland for EUR 510 million.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan on acquiring Helsinki listed Oral Hammaslääkärit Plc and de-listing the company.
- Advised funds managed by Vitruvian Partners on acquiring CRF Box Oy and Accountor Oy.
- Advised PVO and Fortum on selling their shareholding in Fingrid Oyj to the State of Finland for EUR 650 million.
- Senior Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Managing Partner, Borenius, 1997–2008
- Partner, Borenius, 1991–1997
- Associate, Pakarinen, Sarpaniemi & Valsta Attorneys, 1990–1991
- Associate, Pello & Pakarinen Attorneys, 1987–1990
- Legal Counsel, City of Helsinki, legal department, 1983–1987
- Bar Admission, 1990, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Business Administration, 1989, Helsinki School of Economics, Finland/American Graduate School of International Management, USA
- Master of Laws, 1985, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish