Jyrki advises on public and private M&A and corporate governance matters. He is a leading authority on fund formation and private equity in Finland.
Jyrki has served as an administrator and trustee in a number of major corporate restructuring procedures and bankruptcy estates.
Jyrki is a member of the board of directors of a number of Finnish companies. He serves as chairman of the Finnish Venture Capital Association’s Legal Committee and as a member of the Invest Europe’s Tax, Legal and Regulatory Committee. He also writes articles and lectures on subjects related to his areas of specialisation.
Chambers Europe & Global
- M&A (Senior Statesman)
- Restructuring & Insolvency (Senior Statesman)
Chambers Europe | 2018
“He allows clients to make decisions themselves but advises on how to come to that decision.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2018
“He has excellent negotiation skills and experience. He is to the point and creates a true partnership with the client which goes beyond legal advice.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2017
“He is a very talented, sharp thinker with in-depth commercial awareness. He maintains an effective contact with the client and is an excellent team player.”
“Excellent commercial understanding, good communication skills and great client service.”
- Restructuring & insolvency, Private equity
IFLR1000 | 2019
“Has a strong relationship network, and is always helpful.”
“Proactive, very experienced and very good at dealing with customers board members and senior management.”
“Very good understanding of customer’s needs. Excellent negotiation skills.”
“Very professional with a high level of legal and business skills.”
Who’s Who Legal
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Investment Funds
- Private Equity (Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Venture Capital (Lawyer of the Year 2017-2018)
Global Restructuring Review 100
- Restructuring & Insolviency
- Advised PKC Group Plc board in the Motherson Sumi Systems EUR 571 million public tender offer.
- Advised CapMan Plc in acquiring Helsinki listed Norvestia Plc and de-listing the Company.
- Advised Fortum and E.ON in selling their shareholding in Gasum Oy to the State of Finland for EUR 510 million.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan in acquiring Helsinki listed Oral Hammaslääkärit Plc and de-listing the company.
- Advised funds managed by Vitruvian Partners in acquiring CRF Box Oy and Accountor Oy.
- Advised PVO and Fortum in selling their shareholding in Fingrid Oyj to the State of Finland for EUR 650 million.
- Senior Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Managing Partner, Borenius, 1997–2008
- Partner, Borenius, 1991–
- Associate, Pakarinen, Sarpaniemi & Valsta Attorneys, 1990–1991
- Associate, Pello & Pakarinen Attorneys, 1987–1990
- Legal Counsel, City of Helsinki, legal department, 1983–1987
- Bar Admission, 1990, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Business Administration, 1989, Helsinki School of Economics, Finland/American Graduate School of International Management, USA
- Master of Laws, 1985, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish