Jyrki advises on public and private M&A and corporate governance matters. He is a leading authority on fund formation and private equity in Finland.
Jyrki has served as an administrator and trustee in a number of major corporate restructuring procedures and bankruptcy estates.
Jyrki is a member of the board of directors of a number of Finnish companies. He serves as chairman of the Finnish Venture Capital Association’s Legal Committee and as a member of the Invest Europe’s Tax, Legal and Regulatory Committee. He also writes articles and lectures on subjects related to his areas of specialisation.
Chambers Europe & Global
- M&A (Senior Statesman)
- Restructuring & Insolvency (Senior Statesman)
Chambers Europe & Global | 2020
“Good command of domestic and international corporate law.”
“One of the most experienced insolvency lawyers.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2019
“True business lawyer who can relate understanding of corporate law with business understanding.”
“Immense depth of experience.”
“One of the most experienced insolvency lawyers in Finland.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“He allows clients to make decisions themselves but advises on how to come to that decision.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2018
“He has excellent negotiation skills and experience. He is to the point and creates a true partnership with the client which goes beyond legal advice.”
The Legal 500
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A
Legal 500 | 2020
“Really impressed us with his experience and capability to always concentrate on the right topics without spending any unnecessary time on the secondary items.”
Legal 500 | 2019
- Restructuring & insolvency, Private equity
IFLR1000 | 2021
“Calm, collected and a senior deal maker.”
“One of the most senior legal minds in Finland actively engaging in customer advisory.”
IFLR1000 | 2020
“Consistent top quality work and solid advice.”
“High quality in challenging, international M&A transactions. Very high level of legal know-how.”
IFLR1000 | 2019
“Proactive, very experienced and very good at dealing with customers board members and senior management.”
“Very good understanding of customer’s needs. Excellent negotiation skills.”
Who’s Who Legal
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Investment Funds
- Private Equity (Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Venture Capital (Lawyer of the Year 2017-2018)
Global Restructuring Review 100
- Restructuring & Insolviency
- Advised the Finnish Deaconess Foundation on selling its shareholding in Terveystalo Plc to OP Group for EUR 140 million.
- Advised Huurre Group on selling Huurre Finland to Caverion Plc and Porkka to Festivo Finland.
- Advised PKC Group Plc board on the Motherson Sumi Systems EUR 571 million public tender offer.
- Advised CapMan Plc on acquiring Helsinki listed Norvestia Plc and de-listing the Company.
- Advised Fortum and E.ON on selling their shareholding in Gasum Oy to the State of Finland for EUR 510 million.
- Advised funds managed by CapMan on acquiring Helsinki listed Oral Hammaslääkärit Plc and de-listing the company.
- Advised funds managed by Vitruvian Partners on acquiring CRF Box Oy and Accountor Oy.
- Advised PVO and Fortum on selling their shareholding in Fingrid Oyj to the State of Finland for EUR 650 million.
- Senior Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Managing Partner, Borenius, 1997–2008
- Partner, Borenius, 1991–1997
- Associate, Pakarinen, Sarpaniemi & Valsta Attorneys, 1990–1991
- Associate, Pello & Pakarinen Attorneys, 1987–1990
- Legal Counsel, City of Helsinki, legal department, 1983–1987
- Bar Admission, 1990, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Business Administration, 1989, Helsinki School of Economics, Finland/American Graduate School of International Management, USA
- Master of Laws, 1985, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English, Swedish