Environment & Natural Resources
Environmental compliance and liability issues can have a significant impact on the feasibility and reputation of industrial and commercial operations. Regulations may trigger the need for major investments or even invalidate business opportunities. Larger projects with intensive land use trigger a number of regulatory procedures which need to be carefully planned in advance in order not to create bottle necks for the projects.
Borenius’ environmental and natural resources practice is one of the leading practices on the market. It delivers the combined legal experience of a multidisciplinary team of lawyers, together with an in-depth understanding of the various aspects of the industry sectors and natural resources projects.
We are here to help your business
Borenius is ranked as a top tier law firm for environmental and natural resources matters and has acted as an adviser to many of the most challenging projects, in terms of environmental regulation in the market to date. In the field of natural resources, we have been actively involved in the formation of the new mining legislation and have successfully assisted clients in several land mark cases e.g. relating to the acquisition of Finnish projects and operations, restructuring cases, security of tenure, taxation of natural resources and different aspects of financial assurance.
Our areas of expertise include
- Strategic project planning
- Joint Ventures
- Legal Environmental Due Diligence
- Natural resources related transactions
- Zoning and expropriation
- Nature conservation
- Building heritage conservation
- Environmental liability (including soil and groundwater contamination issues)
- Chemical regulation
- Renewable energy and biofuels regulation
- Mining licensing and regulation
- Social licensing and corporate responsibility related advise
Our team is supported by specialists in various areas of the firm, including energy and infrastructure, real estate, tax, corporate advisory, antitrust and employment law.
Our latest recognitions
Our clients are at the heart of what we do, and our achievements are built upon our clients’ success. That is why we are extremely happy to have been entrusted with a broad range of cases.
“Borenius provides high-level subject-matter expertise but also a good tactical view on the situations at hand.”
“Borenius has a versatile team, including very seasoned top experts and younger lawyers.”
Our experts are always ready to assist you. See all of our Environment & Natural Resources references here.
Latest references & news
- Borenius advised OX2 on a transaction regarding the development and construction of six wind farm projects
- Borenius advised OX2 on their co-operation agreement to develop +500 MW solar power capacity in Estonia
- Borenius Establishes Projects & Construction Team with New Partner and Counsel
- Borenius advised Endomines on a change of domicile from Sweden to Finland, its listing on Nasdaq Helsinki, and an EUR 13 million IPO-style offering