Iida specialises in energy, environment, and real estate matters.
She has extensive experience particularly in wind power projects, providing comprehensive assistance in various phases and addressing a wide range of issues related to different aspects of these projects, ranging from project development to operational projects.
Iida regularly works on assignments relating to offshore wind power, solar power, and energy storage. Her expertise includes various project contracts, such as Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and land lease agreements for complex development projects. She also regularly provides advice on the processes involved in project development, transactions, and financing.
Iida joined Borenius as an associate in 2021. Before that, she worked as an associate at another Finnish law firm and served as a legal counsel at the Finnish Energy Authority where she focused on natural gas markets. She also has previous experience in energy market regulation.
In addition to her studies at the University of Helsinki, Iida has studied law at the University of Bergen, Norway.
From 2023 to 2024, Iida serves as a member of the Finnish Wind Power Association’s advocacy committee.
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2022–
- Associate, Borenius, 2021–2022
- Associate, Krogerus, 2019–2021
- Legal Counsel, Finnish Energy Authority, 2018–2019
- Bar Admission, 2022, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2018, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, 2013, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advises Evli on investment in large-scale battery energy storage system
- Borenius represented Neoen and Prokon in the project financing of a Finnish onshore wind farm portfolio
- Borenius advised Encavis on the acquisition of the Illevaara Wind Farm from ABO Wind
- Borenius advised Deutsche Anlagen-Leasing on project financing
- Borenius is advising abrdn on the acquisition of a 49% stake in Etelä-Savon Energia