As a senior specialist and Counsel at Borenius, Andreas focuses on corporate regulatory and governance matters. He has more than 20 years of experience in a broad range of corporate issues and he regularly advises our clients on corporate governance issues and chairs shareholder meetings of public and privately held companies.
In addition to Andreas’ role as counsel to our clients, he holds the position as Borenius’ General Counsel and, in that capacity, leads Borenius’ compliance and business risk procedures.
Andreas regularly provides Borenius’ corporate clients with general company and compliance advice and support on all elements of company law – from board procedure advising to analysing corporate policies, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, company secretarial, codes of conduct, and assisting with shareholder engagement and other legal and regulatory requirements.
Andreas’ expertise covers the full range of corporate governance issues including the Finnish corporate Governance Code and the modernisation of European Company Law and its implementation in Finland. In addition, he assists in preparing for and chairing general meetings of shareholders and advise boards, directors and senior management on conflicts of interest, director liability and responsibilities and other governance matters.
- Advised Nordic Capital Fund VII in respect of Finnish law matters, in connection with its acquisition of ABB Full Service from the ABB Group. The Full Service manages an annual customer maintenance spend in excess of USD 500 million.
- Advised Paroc Group in the sale of Paroc to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners for an enterprise value of approximately EUR 700 million.
- Advised Intersnack Group GmbH & Co in respect of Finnish law matters, in connection with its acquisition of Estrella Maarud, a salted snacks manufacturer with an annual turnover in excess of EUR 130 million from Herkules Private Equity Fund II.
- Advised Teracom Group in the sale of Digi TV Plus Oy (Plus TV), a company engaged in Pay-TV operations in Finland and with a turnover of app. EUR 61 million, to DNA Oy.
- Counsel, General Counsel, Borenius, 2021–
- Partner, Borenius, 2010–2021
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2008–2010
- Attorney, Borenius, 2003–2008
- Lawyer, Borenius, 1998–2003
- Visiting lawyer, Volvo AB, Gothenburg, 2001
- Bar Admission, 2003, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1998, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English, German
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Versowood Oy on the restructuring of the company’s ownership
- Remote and Hybrid General Meetings – Amendments to the Finnish Companies Act Offer New Flexibility
- Borenius advised the State of Finland’s EUR 2.35 billion bridge financing for Fortum
- Borenius represents EAB Group in its merger with Evli
- Delay in the Implementation of the EU Whistleblower Directive