Päivi advises our clients on both equity and debt capital markets transactions. In addition to her capital markets work, Päivi is part of Borenius’ Financial Institutions & Regulation team and advises our clients on finance market related regulatory matters.
Päivi specialises in bank funding and has advised several banks on their debt programmes and the issuance of bonds. Päivi is also a member of Borenius ESG team with special expertise in ESG disclosure and reporting.
Päivi has more than three decades of experience and insight in capital markets and financing. Over the years, Päivi has served in important positions e.g. at a global listed company, another leading law firm, and an investment bank. She has also worked for the regulator.
- Counsel, Borenius, 2021–
- Team Leader, Ålandsbanken Abp, 2019–2021
- Chief Legal Counsel, Finnfund Oy, 2017–2019
- Director, Finance Legal, Nokia Oyj, 2012–2017
- Group Compliance Officer, ICECAPITAL Securities Ltd, 2011–2012
- Senior Legal Counsel, Pohjola Corporate Finance Oy, 2007–2011
- Senior Legal Counsel, Attorney-at-Law, Hannes Snellman Oy, 1999–2007
- Market Supervisor, Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority, 1994–1999
- Court Training, Närpes District Court, 1992–1993
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, Finland, 1992
- Finnish, English, Swedish
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Logent Group on the acquisition of Logistikas
- Borenius advised CapMan on the sale of JAY Solutions Oy
- Borenius advised Oma Savings Bank Plc on consent solicitation
- Borenius advised Endomines on a change of domicile from Sweden to Finland, its listing on Nasdaq Helsinki, and an EUR 13 million IPO-style offering
- The CSRD Has Been Adopted – a New Directive Reforms Corporate Sustainability Reporting in the EU