Robert advises on insolvency and dispute resolution related questions. He has substantial experience in advising companies, creditors, lenders, investors and other stakeholders on a variety of liquidations, distressed situations and complex restructuring matters. During his career, Robert has engaged in more than 1000 insolvency and corporate related assignments and has acted as an administrator in bankruptcies and restructurings. In addition to legal insolvency proceedings, Robert has also participated in dozens of voluntary restructurings advising both creditors and distressed companies.
Robert also advises on company law and corporate governance issues. He has participated in various company-law-related disputes regarding e.g. corporate liability and unlawful distribution of assets. Robert has also engaged in several disputes relating to recovery proceedings, enforcement of pledges and foreign judgments, and has substantial experience in voluntary liquidation of companies, having liquidated over 100 companies.
Robert’s expertise is globally recognised, and he was named the first Rising Star Lawyer of the Year for Finland at the prestigious IFLR Europe Awards 2021.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Helsinki in 2007, Robert has completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Aalto University in 2014, specialising in Applied Finances and Accounting.
Robert heads the firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency team.
- Restructuring & Insolvency
Chambers Europe | 2020
“He is pragmatic and has great knowledge in all areas of insolvency law.”
Chambers Europe | 2019
“Excellent client service.”
Chambers Europe | 2018
“Very dynamic and has good communication skills.”
- Restructuring and insolvency
IFLR1000 | 2020
“He is a proactive lawyer, who is a great talent in the field of insolvency matters.”
“He is a very promising younger lawyer who has already shown very good competence in the field of insolvency law.”
- Rising Star of the Year 2021
IFLR | 2021
“Cited for his outstanding work over the course of 2020, Robert worked the Stockmann restructuring and acted as the bankruptcy estate administrator of Enevo and Norwegian ASA’s Finnish entities during their respective bankruptcy proceedings.”
- Insolvency and Restructuring Law
Who’s Who Legal
- Restructuring and Insolvency – Thought Leader
- Partner, Borenius, 2021–
- Counsel, Borenius, 2016–2021
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2011–2016
- Associate, Krogerus, 2007–2011
- Senior Trainee, Borenius & Kemppinen, 2007
- Master of Business Administration, Aalto University Executive Education, 2014
- Finnish Bar Admission, 2011
- Court training, 2010, District Court of Espoo, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2007, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Studies at Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera, Valencia, Spain, 2005–2006
- Finnish, Swedish, English, Spanish