Ben advises clients primarily in the field of banking and finance. Ben has extensive experience in advising financial institutions, sponsors and borrowers on both domestic and cross-border financing and debt capital markets transactions, including acquisition financing, real estate financing, ship finance and general corporate lending as well as project financing, with a particular focus on renewables.
Ben has worked as a visiting lawyer at Danske Bank, in the Corporates and Institutions division, and at the European Investment Bank, in the Baltic Sea division.
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2021–
- Associate, Borenius, 2017–2021
- Legal Consultant (Secondee), Baltic Sea Division, European Investment Bank, 2020
- Legal Counsel (Secondee), Corporates & Institutions, Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch, 2018–2019
- Bar Admission, 2021, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2017, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Norvestor on the acquisition of Rantalainen
- Borenius advised a syndicate of seven banks on their EUR 330 million sustainability-linked revolving credit facility for the Cargotec Corporation
- Borenius advised OX2 on the EUR 650 million divestment of the Lestijärvi wind farm to a Finnish energy consortium
- Borenius advised Norvestor on the acquisition of Pinja Group Oy
- Borenius advised Commerzbank and NORD/LB on the financing of Finnish onshore wind farm project to the value of EUR 220 million