Christian advises on real estate transactions, energy & infrastructure transactions and general M&A transactions, as well as general corporate and contract law related questions. His real estate transactions experience includes, among others, single asset and portfolio transactions, sale and lease-back transactions and forward purchases, regarding office, retail and logistics assets. His energy transactions experience includes, among others, advising sellers/purchasers of wind power assets, electricity and gas transmission system operators, electricity distribution system operators, and district heating operators.
- Real Estate
- Energy & Natural Resources (Recognised Practitioner)
The Legal 500
- Real Estate and Construction (Hall of Fame)
- M&A, Real estate finance
Who’s Who Legal
- Real Estate
- Advised E.ON and Fortum, in connection with their EUR 510 million sale of the majority stake in Gasum to the Finnish state.
- Advised Citycon, in connection with its EUR 329 million acquisition of the Iso Omena shopping centre from Doughty Hanson, the subsequent EUR 132 million minority stake sale to GIC to form a 60/40 joint venture, the subsequent formation of a 50/50 joint venture to build a 27,000 sqm extension of Iso Omena with NCC Property Development, the acquisition of the 40% GIC minority stake, and the eventual acquisition of the EUR 80 million extension stake from NCC Property Development upon completion of the 27,000 sqm extension to Iso Omena.
- Advised Ness, Risan & Partners, in connection with its EUR 120 million sale and lease-back acquisition of a Finnish five-property 135,000 sqm logistics property portfolio from Posti Group, and the subsequent sale of that portfolio to GLL Real Estate Partners.
- Advised Fortum and Pohjolan Voima (PVO), in connection with their EUR 650 million sale of the majority stake in Fingrid to the Finnish state and Ilmarinen.
- Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Legal Counsel (secondment), Outokumpu Corporation, 2004
- Lawyer, Borenius, 1999–2007
- Bar Admissions, 2003, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1999, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Deutsche Anlagen-Leasing on project financing
- Borenius advised OX2 on a transaction regarding the development and construction of six wind farm projects
- Borenius advised OX2 on their co-operation agreement to develop +500 MW solar power capacity in Estonia
- Borenius advised Kruunuasunnot on the sale of 1,200 rental homes to global investment firm KKR
- Borenius advised S-Bank on the sale of three residential properties to NREP