Christian advises on real estate transactions, energy & infrastructure transactions and general M&A transactions, as well as general corporate and contract law related questions. His real estate transactions experience includes, among others, single asset and portfolio transactions, sale and lease-back transactions and forward purchases, regarding office, retail and logistics assets. His energy transactions experience includes, among others, advising sellers/purchasers of wind power assets, electricity and gas transmission system operators, electricity distribution system operators, and district heating operators.
- Real Estate 2021
- Energy & Natural Resources (Recognised Practitioner)
Chambers Europe | 2018
“Friendly and tries to find solutions.”
The Legal 500
- Real Estate and Construction
The Legal 500 | 2021
“Is always a true pleasure to work with, a real professional with a great client-oriented mindset.”
- M&A, Real estate finance
Who’s Who Legal
- Real Estate
- Advised E.ON and Fortum, in connection with their EUR 510 million sale of the majority stake in Gasum to the Finnish state.
- Advised Citycon, in connection with its EUR 329 million acquisition of the Iso Omena shopping centre from Doughty Hanson, the subsequent EUR 132 million minority stake sale to GIC to form a 60/40 joint venture, the subsequent formation of a 50/50 joint venture to build a 27,000 sqm extension of Iso Omena with NCC Property Development, the acquisition of the 40% GIC minority stake, and the eventual acquisition of the EUR 80 million extension stake from NCC Property Development upon completion of the 27,000 sqm extension to Iso Omena.
- Advised Ness, Risan & Partners, in connection with its EUR 120 million sale and lease-back acquisition of a Finnish five-property 135,000 sqm logistics property portfolio from Posti Group, and the subsequent sale of that portfolio to GLL Real Estate Partners.
- Advised Fortum and Pohjolan Voima (PVO), in connection with their EUR 650 million sale of the majority stake in Fingrid to the Finnish state and Ilmarinen.
- Partner, Borenius, 2008–
- Legal Counsel (secondment), Outokumpu Corporation, 2004
- Lawyer, Borenius, 1999–2007
- Bar Admissions, 2003, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 1999, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Swedish, Finnish, English