Lasse specialises in both contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property and technology, and commercial agreements. He has wide-ranging experience in litigation, including patent litigation, and negotiating and drafting complex and critical contracts in various fields, including technology, pharma, consumer businesses, igaming and health care.
In 2004 Lasse worked as a visiting attorney in London for a major international law firm and has also complemented his graduate studies in the UK.
Lasse has contributed to many major publications, particularly in the field of intellectual property. He has also contributed to books on technology, litigation and the law of associations.
Lasse heads the firm’s IP & Commercial team.
Chambers Europe & Global
The Legal 500
Who’s Who Legal
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Litigation
- Trademarks: Enforcement and litigation
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- IP Star
- Patents, Trademarks
- Advises clients in complex contractual arrangements relating to global licensing, distribution and other commercial operations.
- Advises a number of clients on a continuous basis on IP and commercial matters, including assistance in strategic IP management.
- Advised several globally operating pharma companies in landmark litigation engagements in all dispute resolution venues, including the Supreme Court.
- Advised in trade mark litigation, including a widely cited case relating to parallel importation at the Supreme Court.
- Partner, Borenius, 2012–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2010–2012
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Visiting lawyer, Hammonds, Commercial & Intellectual Property Department, London, 2004
- Associate, Borenius, 2002–2006
- Bar Admission, 2006, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2002, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English
Related references and news
- Borenius advised Davie on the purchase of the assets of Helsinki Shipyard
- Borenius’ IP Team Ranked Highly by MIP IP STARS 2023
- EU Commission Proposes New Rules on Green Claims and Right to Repair
- Borenius’ IP Team Shortlisted at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023
- Unitary Patent System Kicks off with Sunrise Period – The UPC to Open Its Doors on 1 June 2023