Lasse specialises in both contentious and non-contentious intellectual property and technology law. He has wide-ranging experience in strategic contractual issues, litigation and transaction arrangements, such as outsourcing, procurement and licensing. He also advises on issues related to the law of associations.
In 2004 Lasse worked as a visiting attorney in London for a major international law firm and has also complemented his graduate studies in the UK.
Lasse has contributed to many major publications, particularly in the field of intellectual property and acts as a country correspondent for both the European Intellectual Property Review and Entertainment Law Review. He has also contributed to books on litigation and the law of associations.
Lasse heads the firm’s IP & Commercial team.
Chambers Europe & Global
Chambers Global | 2021
“Absolutely brilliant litigator.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2020
“An excellent lawyer.”
“He is tenacious in attitude and an expert in his advice and approach to litigation.”
Chambers Europe & Global | 2018
“He is determined, dogged and really fights your corner.”
“He has an excellent grasp of my company’s situation and approaches it with a balanced view.”
The Legal 500
Legal 500 | 2020
”Lasse Laaksonen has never let me down in about 10 years that we have worked together. I don’t think that he has ever lost a hearing for me! A brilliant communicator – his submissions have incredible clarity even regarding very complex issues. One of the very best.”
Legal 500 | 2019
“Excellent IP professional.”
Who’s Who Legal
IAM Patent 1000
- Patent Litigation
- Trademarks: Enforcement and litigation
Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars
- IP Star
- Patents, Trademarks
- Advises clients in complex contractual arrangements relating to global licensing, distribution and other commercial operations.
- Advises a number of clients on a continuous basis on IP and commercial matters, including assistance in strategic IP management.
- Advised several globally operating pharma companies in landmark litigation engagements in all dispute resolution venues, including the Supreme Court.
- Advised in trade mark litigation, including a widely cited case relating to parallel importation at the Supreme Court.
- Partner, Borenius, 2012–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2010–2012
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2006–2010
- Visiting lawyer, Hammonds, Commercial & Intellectual Property Department, London, 2004
- Associate, Borenius, 2002–2006
- Bar Admission, 2006, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2002, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Finnish, English