Robert advises on insolvency and dispute resolution related questions. He has substantial experience in advising companies, creditors, lenders, investors and other stakeholders on a variety of liquidations, distressed situations and complex restructuring matters. During his career, Robert has engaged in more than 1000 insolvency and corporate related assignments and has acted as an administrator in bankruptcies and restructurings. In addition to legal insolvency proceedings, Robert has also participated in dozens of voluntary restructurings advising both creditors and distressed companies.
Robert also advises on company law and corporate governance issues. He has participated in various company-law-related disputes regarding e.g. corporate liability and unlawful distribution of assets. Robert has also engaged in several disputes relating to recovery proceedings, enforcement of pledges and foreign judgments, and has substantial experience in voluntary liquidation of companies, having liquidated over 100 companies.
Robert’s expertise is globally recognised, and he was named the first Rising Star Lawyer of the Year for Finland at the prestigious IFLR Europe Awards 2021.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Helsinki in 2007, Robert has completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Aalto University in 2014, specialising in Applied Finances and Accounting.
Robert heads the firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency team.
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Rising Star of the Year 2021
- Insolvency and Restructuring Law
Who’s Who Legal
- Restructuring and Insolvency – Thought Leader
- Partner, Borenius, 2021–
- Counsel, Borenius, 2016–2021
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2011–2016
- Associate, Krogerus, 2007–2011
- Senior Trainee, Borenius, 2007
- Master of Business Administration, Aalto University Executive Education, 2014
- Finnish Bar Admission, 2011
- Court training, 2010, District Court of Espoo, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2007, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Studies at Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera, Valencia, Spain, 2005–2006
- Finnish, Swedish, English, Spanish
Related references and news
- Borenius Partner Recognised in the Restructuring & Insolvency 2022 Edition of Who’s Who Legal
- Borenius acted as the bankruptcy estate administrator in the bankruptcy proceedings of Norwegian OSM FI Oy and OSM Aviation Finland Oy
- Borenius advised Bright Group and CapMan on the sale of Bright Group’s business
- Tax-Deductibility of Write-Downs confirmed in Corporate Restructurings
- Tier 1 Spots in All Categories Awarded to Borenius in the 31st Edition of the IFLR1000