Tel. +358 20 713 3421
Mob. +358 40 571 7097
Einari advises clients on corporate tax issues. He has extensive experience in international and EU tax matters and M&A structuring as well as in complex domestic and cross-border tax litigation. Einari has been involved in several major tax disputes with regard to transfer pricing and international tax planning as well as IPOs and other public financing transactions. He also regularly advises issuers and underwriters on tax matters related to capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining Borenius, Einari worked as a Senior Officer at the Tax Department of the Ministry of Finance, where he focused on international tax matters, tax treaties and EU tax law.
Einari is a member of the Finnish Tax Advisors’ Association and the International Fiscal Association. In addition to his law degree, Einari has received a Master’s Degree in Economics from the Helsinki School of Economics.
The Legal 500
International Tax Review, World Tax (Tax Controversy)
- Highly Regarded
- Leading Advisor
Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate Tax – Advisory
- Advised Suzano SA, a leading pulp and paper company, on the structuring of Finnish activities
- Advised several multinationals (e.g. Fortum, Nokian Renkaat, Paroc) on complex transfer pricing disputes
- Advised leading US-based asset management companies on withholding tax disputes
- Advised Paroc Group Oy on tax issues related to the sale of Paroc
- Advised Madison Dearborn Partners on the EUR 315 million public takeover of Powerflute Oyj, a Finnish company listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM marketplace (2016)
- Advised several issuers on IPOs listed on Nasdaq Helsinki (Detection Technology Plc, Robit Plc, Talenom Plc, EAB Plc, Evli Bank Plc, Consti Group Plc, Oma Savings Bank Plc, Fellow Finance Plc)
- Partner, Borenius, 2018–
- Specialist Partner, Borenius, 2014–2017
- Senior Associate, Borenius, 2012–2014
- Associate, Borenius, 2008–2011
- Senior Officer, Ministry of Finance, Tax Department, 2004–2008
- Revenue Officer, Regional Tax Office, Corporate Tax Office, 2003–2004
- Bar Admission, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Laws, 2004, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics, 2008, Helsinki School of Economics, Finland
- Finnish, Swedish, English, French
Related references and news
- Reduced Electricity Tax Rate as State Aid – How Should an Undertaking in Difficulty Be Defined for State Aid Purposes?
- The Finnish Tax Administration’s Guidance on the New R&D Tax Incentive Out Now
- UPDATE: New Act on the Profit Tax on Electricity to Enter into Force in March 2023
- Borenius advised Normet on the acquisition of Remion
- Borenius Partners Recognised in the Corporate Tax 2022 Edition of Who’s Who Legal